Dust, Dust and more Brake dust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oz550

Reaction score
Hi All

While on my 2nd D40. The 1st one had a huge problem with brake dust at the front wheels. Sick and tired of this, I found thar RDA had a replacment pads with little to no dust available. RDB1989SM. Can find on Ebay. These pads worked for over 50,000 K's and was sold still in the 1st D40.
No noticable reduction in braking performance at all.
Now. The 2nd D40. Mmmm! Yesterday I got another set of the pads I fitted to the 1st D40 and found they would not fit. YES Nissan has changed the calipers on my 09/2011 ute. :-( The new pads have the tabs on each pad and the slide pins on the ends of the pad metal backing is a different size. I noticed Nissan had changed the front end too. The old pads only had the metal tabs on 1 pad for each caliper.
I've got RDA looking into it now. So in the mean time. Dust, dust dust.

Paul

Your looking at the current version of what I've installed. in the pictures. Slotted, cross drilled with Redstuff pads

Attachments

• 1343869836443.jpg
    1343869836443.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 1343869843298.jpg
    1343869843298.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 72
  • 1343869853211.jpg
    1343869853211.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
This topic like D40 brake wear is just something that doesn't seem to effect me half as bad as so many others. At 40K I still had 50% + left on my pads and while I do get brake dust on the wheels it's no worse than any other Nissan I have ever owned. By the time I finally get around to washing my ute the rims look a bit black but I'm lucky to wash my ute more than once a year, currently it's about 3 months since I washed the thing and there is only a very faint tinge of brake dust.

Yep... my series 6 has crap pads in it from the factory. Must be some soft as pads that produce BULK dust. Will be putting in a set of decent bendix soon and just throw the old ones in the bin.

Hi All

While on my 2nd D40. The 1st one had a huge problem with brake dust at the front wheels. Sick and tired of this, I found thar RDA had a replacment pads with little to no dust available. RDB1989SM. Can find on Ebay. These pads worked for over 50,000 K's and was sold still in the 1st D40.
No noticable reduction in braking performance at all.
Now. The 2nd D40. Mmmm! Yesterday I got another set of the pads I fitted to the 1st D40 and found they would not fit. YES Nissan has changed the calipers on my 09/2011 ute. :-( The new pads have the tabs on each pad and the slide pins on the ends of the pad metal backing is a different size. I noticed Nissan had changed the front end too. The old pads only had the metal tabs on 1 pad for each caliper.
I've got RDA looking into it now. So in the mean time. Dust, dust dust.

Had the Red Stuff pads installed for a few months now. VERY LOW dust :) Good stopping power. I will use these pads again.

Paul

2nd post:

The STX550 has 320mm front rotors. My '07 had 296mm rotors.
I've changed the pads to EBC Greenstuff DP71671 but they are still dusty. Not as bad as the factory pads. Next..... I've ordered some Redstuff pads. They claim to be almost dustless. I'll give them a go.

3rd Post:

Not happy with the green stuff pads. More crap dust.
Ordered the Red stuff version this time and have a pair of 320mm slotted / cross drilled rotors waiting here. Redstuff claim to have low dust.

320mm Grenstuff EBC p/n = DP71671
320mm Redstuff EBC = DP31671C

I've learned that the 320mm rotors were fitted to D40's with 17" rims. As opposed to the 16" having 296mm rotors

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back