Install central locking.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This will be a back to basics for most of you but I have a D22 dual, no central locking, immobiliser has been disabled.
Can anyone show me how to
1. dismantle the doors
2. Hook up the wiring.
I'll have a go at anything, but have found a little know how helps me not to break stuff.:chainsaw:

Get a clip remover and start popping out the clips. if you dont wana buy a clip remover use a chisel and run risk of breaking one (unlikely but)
Your going to have to give a bit more info on what exactly your trying to wire in.
Try having a search there are a few threads on here that will help to some extent

What model Navara is it.
Most Navaras already have central locking (key activated)
I don't think they come with an Immobiliser anyway.

What model Navara is it.
Most Navaras already have central locking (key activated)
I don't think they come with an Immobiliser anyway.

Just curious, what actually comes in a kit from Nissan? The remote receiver unit which plugs into something under the dash and a set of wireless key button thingies ? How difficult is it to install ?

it would have a drivers door actuator that would have to bolted inside drivers door

I see. Thanks for clarifying that. Also, i noticed a 22 the other day being unlocked remotely and the indicators blinked. Is this also part of the kit as a function ? Or could that have been some other remote/alarm system he may have had installed.

Im not sure to be honest it is probly part of the factory kit but i dont have one so i cant be certain. i installed mongoose m60 car alarm for mine. cheaper with more functions.
Hopefully someone else can tell you a bit more about the factory kit, I couldnt justify the price of factory locking when an immobiliser, central locking and turbo timer in one unit for less than $200 and install was pretty easy

They are a remote operated central locking kit you can buy off ebay for around $260.
Thats it only remotely opens and locks the doors.
There is no immobiliser with the kit.

Go to Autobarn, $99 for a remote central locking kit for 4 doors with everything you need. I paid an auto elec $180 to fit it all up for me as I know it is a bit of a pain in the ass to fit the brackets in the correct angles and stuff, he wired it into my parkers so when I lock or unlock the car with the remote it flashes the parkers.

Seriously mongoose alarm $160 and drivers side door actuator 20buck. i bolted the actuator straight to the inner dooor skin at the bottom facing up and joined the pin to the lock rod with clamp provided. easy to wire in the hardest part was running wires from inside the door back into the cab. took probly four hrs to do the lot and now have keyless entry and turbo timer. could do it in probly 2-2.5hrs of you wernt severly hungovrr lol

The nissan kit for thai built D22s contain an actuator that you mount at the bottom of the drivers door. It comes with a remote electronic box (lock/unlock only) and a wiring harness that just plugs into the wiring loom. Instructions say 1hour fit but took me about 2 hours as hardest part was getting the wiring through the rubber door and body grommets and also the wrong size mounting bolt was supplied in the Nissan kit. If you intend to fit an alarm later on you need to splice into the two brown wires coming from the unit. I tried splicing into the main vehicle indicator loom and blinkers went crazy.

Latest posts

Back