2012 Muster from QLD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
Ok so for the Queenslanders on here its a long way to the muster. So a few questions are to be asked.

Who from this end of the country are thinking of going?
Is it worth organizing a group to travel down together?
Are there any must see by 4x4 tracks people from down that way recommend whilst im there with the 4x4 and camping gear?
And any other QLDers want to go see some of those things whilst down there?

Just to get a bit of a feel for whos interested.

I'm thinking about it, told the wife and am gonna without the wife becuase our latest addition will only be 6 mths old then. I'll be keen to tag along with other Queenslanders depending on how quick/slow they are makign the trip. I'll be on the quick side of that scale as that part of the year is always notorious busy for me with work commitments. That said if i'm gonna get the chance to see some "must sees" on the way i'll consider that also.
Thanks for starting the thread, it's worth planning and not leaving it till last minute.

My attendance is very dependent upon our new premier and his ministers getting real and removing the HOLD on some gov projects... unless a private sector job is forthcoming after end of June.

I'm going too. Will be doing committee stuff a little earlier and I'm more of a destinaton man than "it's all about the journey"......

That said, seeing some good tracks over the weekend will be a high priority!

Good thread. Keep it going

Initial route towing a camper;
Early start Wed morning
Tamborine-Dubbo
Dubbo-Tolmie
Muster - ohh & ahh all weekend
Tolmie-Mt Beauty-Jindabyne
Jindabyne-to coast heading towards Sydney 2-3 days as haven't seen much of south coast past Sydney before.
Get to Port Macquarie have a look about and then a dash back to Bris Sat/Sun after Muster back to work for a rest.
The wanna does & ya gotta sees far outnumber the days available

WayneD4T

Wish I could go but I won't be able to get the time off work as I'm hoping to get away to Fraser, cairns and overseas this year so my money is pretty stretched.

Ok so i for one would like to check out the mountains. I have just re-read the VNOG high country snow trip - Queen's Birthday long weekend thread and was wondering if something similar is possible around november?

Head over the hills over 3days to bright. Maybe continue in a straightish line to Thredbo then jindabyne and then north back to QLD.

It would add about a week to the travel time but how often are our QLD navaras in that part of the world.

If anyone from down that way has any input on such a trip, Or wants to come and lead me through the hills post it in here.

Cheers
Bryce

Hi Bryce I'm a non starter for this years Muster. Im over in California at the moment and Holy shit there are some massive 4bys gettin around it's just not fair what these guys are allowed to do to the trucks and some good buys to !

Initial route towing a camper;
Early start Wed morning
Tamborine-Dubbo
Dubbo-Tolmie
Muster - ohh & ahh all weekend
Tolmie-Mt Beauty-Jindabyne
Jindabyne-to coast heading towards Sydney 2-3 days as haven't seen much of south coast past Sydney before.
Get to Port Macquarie have a look about and then a dash back to Bris Sat/Sun after Muster back to work for a rest.
The wanna does & ya gotta sees far outnumber the days available

WayneD4T

Wayne would that be in a straightish line across the hills? sounds like a great plan to me anyway

Bryce,
Hopefully that will be the go. I was just detailing a general trip plan and leaving it open as I want to discuss options with those that have been there before. As we will be towing a trailer I don't want to get all gung ho untill I can speak to some locals. Chances are I may not get back to this area for a long time so I want to enjoy myself and explore as much as I can in the time frame available.
WayneD4T

Wayne
Im in the same boat as you and would like to see as much as i can when im there. I was reading the 'VNOG high country snow trip - Queen's Birthday long weekend thread' and would like to do something similar. I would be very keen on taging along with you or whoever wants to do the trip. Not to sure about a camper trailer would have to ask some locals.
Cheers
Bryce

Could be a starter, if only to get away from home for a while.
Casual cleaner job - i can make myself not available, simple as that... lots to decide upon these days.

Ok so the muster is getting close and . . . i cant make it. As much as i would love to drive down meet all the guys that have given me so much good advice and then drive home via the vic high country, work commitments and money issues have presented themselves.

All the queenslanders going down feel free to meet up and travel together unfortunately i just wont be one of them :(

So this years Muster did not eventuate due to a poor turn out....... there will be a thread asking for feedback on next years venue, and Qld is on the list. If you want one in Qld, then when you see the flyer, make sure you respond.

Some good lessons learnt from this year and hopefully we can make it work better next year.

hi lads,

the feedback questionnaire is up here:
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=16963

It is likely that States with the most feedback will get next year's Muster (cause we really need people to commit to coming along). Please fill in the sheet and send to Old Tony. Any qu's send me a PM or post them here.

cheers !

Latest posts

Back