D22 Rear Propeller Shaft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonk8

Reaction score
Hi All,

After getting my Navara back on the road, it developed a squelling sound from the driveline. I found it is coming from the the rear propeller (tail) shaft. It is at the point where the shaft enters the rear of the gear box, the two pressed metal parts (the housing on the rear of the gearbox and the disc on the shaft) are rubbing creating the noise. Upon further inspection, i noticed that the gap between these two parts was larger on the bottom than at the top. Should these two parts be in contact with each other or not? I have cleaned it all out and was contemplating whether or not this point needs greasing? Has anybody had this problem or have any suggestions?

Cheers

Simon

are you sure it's coming from there?
cause i have personall heard center tail shaft bearing's do that when there stuffed.

tail shaft bearing might be gone causing the uneven gap?

I am positive it is coming from the rear of the box. I can get it to do it by rotating it by hand while under the car. Should the gap be even? Should these parts not be touching? Maybe I stuffed up my mark when I took the tail shaft out, perhaps I will try rotating the shaft through all the splines to see if that improves it. The shaft bearing looks ok, if it was stuffed, I would have thought the gap would be greater at the top then at the bottom.

Latest posts

Back