brake system component locations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
i have a 2007 d40 rx spanish build without ABS

and i have a question about the brake system components, specifically on the left hand side of the engine bay immediately behind the air filter box there is a a block with 4 brake lines going into it, (or out depending on how the system works), i want to know what this block is, why i can't relocate it ( remaking pipes wouldn't be a problem)

i reckon i can get a second battery in there if i move this block and the fuse box that is there ( this is one of the hurdles i forsee for this project i am embarking on)

That sounds like an ABS system I would have thought. Can you take a pic of it?

sounds like it to me too. on the other hand, if he's sure it doesn't have abs then it may just be a distribution valve to feed all the wheel cylinders/calipers.

in saying that, a picture says a thousand words so they say so stick one up...

i have a 2007 d40 rx spanish build without ABS

and i have a question about the brake system components, specifically on the left hand side of the engine bay immediately behind the air filter box there is a a block with 4 brake lines going into it, (or out depending on how the system works), i want to know what this block is, why i can't relocate it ( remaking pipes wouldn't be a problem)

i reckon i can get a second battery in there if i move this block and the fuse box that is there ( this is one of the hurdles i forsee for this project i am embarking on)

I thought only abs models had that block

ok heres some pics of the brake booster and the offending block,

of note there is also not an abs light on the dash coming on when i turn on the ignition

round thing next to the block is my catch can and the fuse/relay box is at the top

Attachments

• brake block.jpg
    brake block.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 63
  • brake booster.jpg
    brake booster.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 58
looks the same as the one that someone else posted not long ago. you can move it to where you want and modify the lines as you need to. i think you'll find they only do that because the master cylinders are the same for abs and non abs in that they only have 2 lines from the master to that block. then that sends the fluid to the wheels.

Latest posts

Back