How do you know random facts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitch76

Reaction score
So the sub-box build thread dosent get off topic I thought I would start this thread, I just hear and retain stupid random facts and then I will google something to find out more like whenI was asked how long 4 weeks was in picoseconds!! here is the "Bunnings Story"

The Bunnings story began in 1886 when Arthur and Robert Bunning arrived in Perth from London. In 1887 the brothers purchased their first sawmill in the south west of Western Australia.

The company grew steadily, building new mills and supplying customers in Australia and around the world with Western Australia’s famous hardwoods – Jarrah and Karri.

Bunnings Limited became a Public Company in 1952, taking advantage of intense building industry activity to expand into retailing. In 1994 the first Bunnings Warehouse store opened at Sunshine in Victoria. Due to its phenomenal success, a business strategy was developed that has seen Bunnings Warehouse grow and develop as Australia’s most innovative and exciting DIY and Building Materials retailer.

Mick

I have a book of random facts. Here's one:

A Jiffy is an actual measure of time. In fact the time it takes light to travel 1cm.

How many Jiffys in 4 weeks?

DJ

jiffy is about 3 × 10 to the minus 29th seconds so lets say there will be a heck of a lot of 000000

0.00000000000000000000000000003 seconds in a jiffy
33333333333333333333333333333.3333333333333333333333333333333333 ect jiffies in a second
80639999999999999999999999999999999 jiffies in 4 weeks I think???

The rate of change of displacement is velocity. The rate of change of velocity is acceleration. The rate of change of acceleration is jerk. The rate of change of jerk is jounce (or snap). Because there is no official word for the next derivatives, you have to call the rate of change of snap crackle, and the rate of change of crackle pop.

Learnt that from a tutor.

Useless enough?

I read lots and just retain the random stuff :p

The USA has over 11 million millionaires.

Studies have shown that 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy........

Sorry, just makes me laugh everytime I say it.

Made me laugh too, Matt.

When people ask me "What do you know?" I usually answer either "Bananas have got no bones" or "One legged ducks swim in circles".

All polar bears are left-handed. Go the molly dookers.

i thing i've got a new favorite thread, sorry joshy!

you guys are making my head hurt.

all i remember is which way to twist my stubby lid to get it off!

So the sub-box build thread dosent get off topic I thought I would start this thread, I just hear and retain stupid random facts and then I will google something to find out more like whenI was asked how long 4 weeks was in picoseconds!! here is the "Bunnings Story"

The Bunnings story began in 1886 when Arthur and Robert Bunning arrived in Perth from London. In 1887 the brothers purchased their first sawmill in the south west of Western Australia.

The company grew steadily, building new mills and supplying customers in Australia and around the world with Western Australia’s famous hardwoods – Jarrah and Karri.

Bunnings Limited became a Public Company in 1952, taking advantage of intense building industry activity to expand into retailing. In 1994 the first Bunnings Warehouse store opened at Sunshine in Victoria. Due to its phenomenal success, a business strategy was developed that has seen Bunnings Warehouse grow and develop as Australia’s most innovative and exciting DIY and Building Materials retailer.

Mick

but were you smart enough to cut & paste or did you type all that?

Latest posts

Back