REFLECTIVE road signs at night WTF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjohn

Reaction score
Modern technology you've gotta love it.
Why the hell we NEED sooo many signs I don't know.
But why the hell soooo bloody reflective?
You all know what I'm talking about if you've got decent high beam.
And then there are those, OH FUCK THERE'S A SHARP CORNER coming up.
You know, the 600mm x 600mm yellow board with the black indicator arrow to tell you the corner is sharp. ALL THE WAY around the corner. So reflective you can't actually SEE the road surface anymore unless you dip to low beam, then you can't see the road ahead to plan for the next corner.
Fuckn BRILLIANT (pun intended) Roads Authority.

Can't say I have ever had that problem because I don't focus on reflective light at night but all signs, limits and rules are put in place for the lowest common denominator and until we are all perfect the nufti's must be protected.

yeah major pain in the eyes on this side of the ditch to.
i get blinded big time going into some corners, worse still is the really big signs we have for passing lanes etc.
i think they increased the reflectiveness due to the population aging. ie large amount of half blind baby boomer's.
but also modern lights have gotten brighter as well.

the other problems are wide load vehicles etc that put flashing lights in front of the signs you are meant to read.
road workers that use gazzilion amp lights to light up the road, which blinds you as you come around the corner. nearly ran over a stop/go guy from that, never saw him at all.
then theres the flashing strobe lights which make your eye lids clamp shut. again another stop/go guy nearly got squished.

I'm with equipt! Get some decent spoties and try the same thing I have no trouble with high beams but a good set of hid's and you would be as blind as a bat!

I neglected details. I.meant high beam including spotties. I imagine HIDs are worse. In QLD just over the hill, and hills we have plenty of = more corners, they use guide posts close together to indicate the curve and you can still see the pavement. Weve had lots a rain = lots a pot holes n broken surface n if you cant see it.
I think lights are better but the signs are also more reflective.

The broad span of vehicles on the road still means the signs need to still be reflective enough to be readable in a twenty five year old vehicle with candles.

Can't say I have ever had that problem because I don't focus on reflective light at night but all signs, limits and rules are put in place for the lowest common denominator and until we are all perfect the nufti's must be protected.

Screw the nufti's, bring on natural selection!

Ha ha I love the correction in grammar on this forum

There's no point correcting my grammar mate, she's dead.

I agree that the signs are bright, but I have switches that allow me to change the intensity of the light - I have 5 levels for night driving:

1) Idiot forgot to turn on his lights
2) Idiot forgot to turn on his headlights but at least someone on a skateboard might see him
3) Ahh thank God for that, low beam
4) High beam, wow we can see and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD those signs are reflective
5) Fry Dem Skippies, get your skewers ready. Driving lights? They make sate roadkill!

Latest posts

Back