Gear Box Shifter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titanium

Reaction score
Hi All. New member here.
I have just purchased a new Titanium Edition Navara and have a problem with the manual gearbox. I am not sure if it is a comon problem so I thought I would post it up.
From brand new the shifter for the gearbox keeps getting stuck in the raised position so I can not get reverse. You need to give it a good hit down to loosen it up then you can select reverse. The only problem then is it gets stuck down so there is no gate for reverse. It eventually comes back up then you have to go through it all again.
The car is in for its 1000km service at the moment and it looks like gearbox out.
This is my first Navara so I hope this is not a sign of things to come:no:

I would have thought there would be no difference in the mechanicals between the titanium and the normal D40's. I have never had a problem with my shifter. Take it back to em mate, they should fix it up no problems. I have never heard of it before.

Welcome to the site by the way, post some pics of your truck up when you can.

Welcome to the site.

Should have bought a D22 as we all know there better.

Dave.

Yeah the D22's have no problem getting reverse because...oh thats right.... they only have 5 forward gears...lol.

Looks like you have started a Navara war Titanium haha

I would have thought there would be no difference in the mechanicals between the titanium and the normal D40's. I have never had a problem with my shifter. Take it back to em mate, they should fix it up no problems. I have never heard of it before.

Welcome to the site by the way, post some pics of your truck up when you can.

It has been in at Nissan all week. It is going back in next week to have the gear box pulled out.

I will post some pics once I have taken some. Just had the canopy fitted. You are right. There is no difference mechanicly between the ST-X and the Titanium. Just a few extra options plus I got the leather option.

how can it possibly take so long to pull a gearbox out? imagine how long they'd take if the gearbox was the size of a large esky and weighed 300kgs! perhaps some of these nissan service technicians need to come and work on trucks for a while, we have boxes out & back in usually less than 2 days including flywheel & clutch, and that's with just one guy on it. i just don't get it!

on a happier note, congrats on the titanium. had i have known they were coming i probably would have waited. how much if ya don't mind me asking?

The technicians are hopeless. They tried telling me at first there is no gate to reverse and that is how the gear boxes are. Great when they try to pull the wool over someone who is a mechanic themselvs.
The box hasn't been out yet. They say a day to pull it out then open it up and find the problem. Then refit the next day.

I was quite happy when I found they where releasing the Titanium. I ordered it the day they where released. Midnight Black, Leather option (only 1 of 160) tow hitch and flexiglass sports canopy. Boubht it through work on a salery sacrifice deal. Got into the car for just over $49000 on the road.

That doesnt sound too bad with all those options mate. Good luck with the repairs. Hopefully she will be back on the road in no time.

Mate i had the same problem.. mines an 07 STX. My problem was just the gearstick itself, the rubber boot had a tear in it that goes on the top of the gearbox, which let water in when i was bogged door handle deep. My theory is the water and heat expanded the plastic moving part in the gear stick assembly. Mine was covered under warranty, but if yours is stuck down and cant get reverese then it sounds like a internal gearbox problem. Weird thing with mine was that it would be normal in the cold mornings but once the day heated up it got stuck. And mine was getting really stuck i needed to 2 hands and a heap of force to get it up, and to get it down you had to punch it

Mine sounds like the same problem you had. Only exception is my car has been like this from brand new. Hasn't had the oportunity to get submerged. I can get reverse when stuck down. And like yours when stuck up you have to give it a good hit to get it down and then near impossable to get back up.

you should take the gear stick lever off the gearbox yourself and see if its jamming when you have it out of the gearbox, thats how i could tell it was the gearstick and not the box. You should be able to push it and it spring back. Hopefully thats the problem and not something serious. Im pretty sure its the same as mine, you will see when you take it off and have a look yourself. If you take the rubber boot off ( its held on with zip ties ) you can see how it works.

mines done the exact same thing as navman brent i got stuck in a creek up to the door handles and the boot on the gear stick was torn letting water in now the stick gets jammed up when the car warms up not allowing me to select reverse unfortunatly mines not under warranty so a new stick has been ordered through nizzbits for $435 delivered to my door $120 bucks cheaper than the dealer ship

From brand new the shifter for the gearbox keeps getting stuck in the raised position so I can not get reverse. You need to give it a good hit down to loosen it up then you can select reverse. The only problem then is it gets stuck down so there is no gate for reverse.

Has anybody resolved this issue or found out what it is, I have the exact same problem and Nissan are treating my like a ****ing idiot:pissedoff:. If someone knows more some help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Camelman

I have a similar problem mine is really hard to get into first gear and some times hard to go from neutral to any gear. but once you jam it into gear it changes with out a problem its on going from neutral into a gear that is a pain. It feels like the gates aren't lining up and once you jam it into gear it lines up and changes through the gears fine. Any one have any idea what's wrong with mine and how I can fix it or figure out what's causing it.

Latest posts

Back