Anyone running 305/70/16's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07nav

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking at getting a set of MT Claws in this size.

Any idea if these will fit on stock wheels?

If not I will most likely run Steelies with a smalled offset.

Is anyone running this size tyre without any rubbing?

BTW, the car has a 2" Suspension lift and 2" Body lift

hey 07nav,

im unsure about the claws fitting on the stock wheels, but i do know abit about rubbing:tazzy::tazzy: Im in the same boat as you with the 2 + 2 lift, but im running 275/70/R18 and i can only turn about a third then they rub on the fenderwell. Did some calculations on http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator and your tyres are 32.81s and mine 33.15s
so with the stock offset you might just squeeze them in :redcool: heres a pic of mine filling in the guard, will be getting a xrox bar to open the front and a bit of trimming of the fenderwell. Hopefully you wont have to go through these pains, good luck.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Guys I was thinking to use the same size tyres with this settings:
- 3" lift = 2" susp + 1" strut spacers and extended shackles
- new 16x8 rims with offset (unsure how much needed)
- 305/70 r 16
- Flares + body trimming
- no sway bar
what I'm not sure is what happens during articulation, if the tyres stick out of the body would they rubber when the car is articulating (flex) i.e. descending onto a big rock.
Thanks

thanks for that info jms.

Yeah the problem with those is the width.

a 275 or 285 isnt really a problem but 305 is an inch wider than the 285 which may mean more scrubbage.

I think I may downsize to 285/75/16 after reading a few posts on the Frontier forums.

People are squeezing these on but I think its gonna be a hassle and I dont really want to start chopping into the sheetmetal to allow for clearance.

Latest posts

Back