Me 02 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud Fish

Reaction score
Ive been bissy since i joined this site doing a few mods and must admit its been a hole lot easyer with some of the info on here thanks guys. I have done egr and butterfly mod fitted boost an egt gauge(pre turbo) wasnt as hard as it looked. put in some efs shocks an leaf springs 2" lift. next job is to build a catch can. ill try to put up some pics but better with a spanner than a computer :suicide:

Attachments

• P9170014.jpg
    P9170014.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 25,698
  • P9170008.jpg
    P9170008.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 129
nice truck...bet there are a lot of great places to go 4wd'ing over there.

yea few good spots around here dont have to go to far perfer my old stomping ground over the west coats tho. did ya get a bit of a look round when you were over here woznme

yeah saw a bit, just did the south island thing. Very pretty with all the mountains and snow caps. Had our 17 month old son with us so things were a bit of a pain in the arse but we had a great time anyway. Gonna have to visit again to see stuff we missed. oh yeah and we had awesome weather while we were there even though i believe september is normally one of the wettest.

need pics of the pre turbo EGT setup ;)

south island is 4x4 heaven ;) one day i'll get down and do some of the 4x4 tours.

egt set up

To install in manifold i had to take off turbo pipe and alternator off so i could get to the two bolts that hold on the heater pipes on they had to be removed to get some room for the head of the drill. I then split the turbo from the manifold just enough to get a bit of cardbord between it then tightend it up this was to stop any drill fillings geting into the turbo. theres not much choice of where to put the probe so drilled a hole at the flatest place near the exit. I then took off the egr pipe(wanted to block off that side anyway wasnt happy with it done on other side) this was to (wait for it lol) i put a peice of garden horse on the end of the lux and stuck it in the erg hole and sucked out any fillings i so hope any. sounds a bit haft assd but couldnt see me getting manifold off without snaping some studs. It took me 2 harf hours and 9 beers.:beerglass: tryed to post some pics but couldnt do it ill have go later

Attachments

• P9090001 (2).jpg
    P9090001 (2).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 77
  • P9090006.jpg
    P9090006.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 72
  • P9090010.jpg
    P9090010.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
  • P9090015.jpg
    P9090015.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
At 100kph 2500rpm its between 350 and 400 tryed my hardest to get it to the pre set warning at 800 but 720 is as high as i can get it before it hits redline. before blocking egr i use to get 0 to 3psi boost at 100kph now iam getting 8- 10 still got the same max of 16psi and still getting 640k before fuel light comes on (like to here a d40 do that) can you tell me tweak'e is the 02 zd30 got self adjusting valves

Hey Mud Fish just saw your egt set up, just a question to you is the normal set up pre turbo or after turbo as i'm not sure...

Cheers mate

not sure on the 02. they generally have shim setup for the valves. but i think the early ones had something different. i'll have to look through the manuals to find out.

what temp does it idle at ?

HI wadeSTR it seems most people have them after turbo because they allready have the fittings in the dump pipe or cat or even down a bit lower in the pipe. The temps after turbo will be lower than in the manifold its realy up to you where you want it i havent found the temps to high in the manifold to freak me out and it is really not that hard to install up there

hi tweak'e

I put a auto gauge stepper motor in it only starts at 200 and goes up and down depending on revs and load on engine so dosent show anything at ldle not really what i wanted but the price was right. my maintenance book says they should be self adjusting vavles. I get a bit of ticking when driving thu town with no load on engine could be a bit of piston slap done 240k now hope they not shims they are a pain to get right

Attachments

• P9200007_01.jpg
    P9200007_01.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back