1957 vs 2012

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

Reaction score
Hi Fellas

I put this in the jokes page.Tony thought this should go into rants
Shane

This is so true.

In the bad old days if you got caned, strapped, rulered or whatever, for breaking the school rules then it was forgotten about. You just understood that there were rules and if you were daft enough to get caught then you asked for it. You were responsible for your actions. These days everybody has rights but no responsibilities. We need to relearn the lessons of history in more ways than one.

SCHOOL 1957 vs. 2012

Scenario: 1.
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up friends.

2012 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months. School board hold meeting to impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario: 2.
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Head Master. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2012 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin, Becomes a zombie, Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario : 3.
Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2012 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario: 4.
Mark has a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from his teacher to take aspirin with.

2012 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. His house is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: 5.
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Bonfire Night, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up an ants nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2012 - Police Force, & Anti-terrorism Squad called, Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, Police investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: 6.
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2012 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy

Being a teacher, I find this very funny. Everything results in bloody consultations or counselling. I see teachers freak out when boys rough each other up (head locks, wrestling etc) especially if they are friends. Its just boys being boys.

Im bot old enough to have an input about 1957 but bring back the old days. Im sick of the kids today running a muck and getting away with it. bring back some decent punishment for doing the wrong thing

Lol, scenario 6, in the 1980's I ran vacation centres for YMCA, 5-12 year olds and you always had kids come a cropper and it was normal to offer a comforting hug. Lol, the actual offer was a choice of; kiss it better, a band aid, a hug or I'm tough and don't need anything. Never any problems with parents about it, even though I'm a big hairy bloke. The centre started with 50 kids and word of mouth took it up to 150 kids by the end of the week.

I was at school during the 80's, not the 50's and I can tell you I used to constantly get in trouble for not being able to sit still and for being the class clown... now they would work out I have Asperger's and deal with it accordingly, back then I just failed to learn... which is better?

I remember having a fight in high school in 1986 - next day the year level co-ord asked me about it, I told him it was dealt with and all over. He smiled and walked away. We bear no grudges!

Latest posts

Back