F*@king low lifes.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BP90

Reaction score
So went to a mates place for a few sherbets with some mates and their friends. Then went out to one of the local night clubs, was having a brilliant night, until we decided to leave and go home.

Went outside to get in the nav (which was parked outside) and in a slightly sloppy state something caught my eye as i went to get in the passenger side, and realised that some fuckwit has ripped my uhf aerial off my bullbar and tucked the ripped off coax cable between the 1/4 panel and the bullbar.

At first i thought it was probly a drunk from the night club. Until we dropped my mate back off at his place and found the remaining aerial bits sitting in the gutter out the front of my mates place. And then realised that it must have been one of my other mates or one of their friends that did it. Because it couldnt have been a random as i highly doubt a random would tuck the coax cable away.

I cant believe that someone who knows who i am (which all the people who were at my mates place do to some degree) would do some thing like this. Just cant believe the absolute stupidity of some people.

When i find out which one of them did it, they will be buying me a new one, if i have anythin to do about it.

Bart

And who ever it was, they also tried spinning the bulb housings off of my spotties to.

ya got a good mate there somewhere it seems worst thing there for u is not the aerial but the fact that one of your mates seems to have burned you i have had this happen to me once and the feeling of being betrayed by a mate is the worst i have ever felt how you work through this is a hard one good luck

Well im not 100% sure if it was one of my mates that did it john. Gotta try suss it out of people what they know if anything. But im not really expecting to find out who did it, will just be stuck with the cost an hassle of fixing it.

Just have a look to see who has your areal on the their car. Take it off and then wrap it around their legs and back. They make a great whip and leave some awesome welts then spin it around and hit them with the steel bit that screws on. Fuck em and make it hurt. It would have to be worth at least 20 lashings. I know I would

Nah ive got the aerial, they left it in the gutter. It cant be used anymore because the coax cable has been ripped out of the aerial base.

at least you have a chance to find out who did it - a few years ago we had a car that was brand new - well a week old - parked it at sizzlers to get a feed - came out and some prick had run a key down to the metal on virtually every panel on the car - it was a $120,000 bmw - needed a total respray and we were without the car for a month.

Hmmm might be a real pain in the arse to try and resolder it. I pulled apart aerial base and where the coax joins to the top of the base there is only about a 1.5mm hole (only big enough for the coax wire to go through to attach to the base. I will get a photo of what i mean and put it up. Im yet to still go have a good look at te condition of the coax anyways, havent quite fully sobered up yet.

Shit dirtjockey that must have been quite the ruiner of a good day for ya. Hmmm i might have a chance to find out who, but even though who i think it might be, i have no way to proove it was them. Only way that will happen is if on of the people that was with them when they left my mates house tells me or my mate about it, but im not real confident in that happening.

Last edited:
Hey scotty this is what i mean about it being a pain to try and resolder the coax wire back on. The cable goes up through the stainless base bit to the top and was soldered to the inside of that small black cylinder where the aerial whip (or whatever they are called) screws onto. The second picture is of inside that black cylinder and shows how little room you would have to put the coax wire through a small plastic washer to try solder it back on.

Was a good idea although with this particular aerial i dont think it will be possible to do which is a shame.

ff517afa.jpg

9b1dc3ec.jpg

Bart

Place a big blob of solder on there without the wire while someone else preheats th guts out of the coax at the same time then quickly push them together. might work sort of like you fill a terminal with solder then heat with heat torch and jam the wire in molten pool of solder. but kinda in reverse. need the wire super hot

Bart this sucks big time! I know how you feel from when some tasshat cut the canopy on my ute!!

question does the part where the wire solders to come out of the black cylinder? they would have had to solder it some how when they made it!!

bryan

i know how u feel, i had my 240 blitz domes knocked when i was at worked.
peasant dogs, never just another mans car!!!!
wish i could have caught em doing it

Bart this sucks big time! I know how you feel from when some tasshat cut the canopy on my ute!!

question does the part where the wire solders to come out of the black cylinder? they would have had to solder it some how when they made it!!

bryan

Thanks bryan, yeah i wasnt in the best of moods when i seen it.

Actually i did work out how to pull that top bit apart more, and thats in the first picture, although the questioning part now is the coax wire attached to the metal bit right up inside of it (you can see the little bit of wire out the end of the white conduit, and how far down that metal bit sits over the conduit.

However there will be no chance of being able to solder the wire to where it was but would it be possible to strip back more of the white conduit and then poke a longer amount of the bare wire into the hole of the metal colar then sort of use the solder to make a fillet weld around the the wire at the start of the hole?? Or would that not be a real good join and would it break off eventually?

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Bart.

6d90ccdf.jpg

12a27bc9.jpg

e922206f.jpg
b9223e4d.jpg

Does anyone know if this would work? Or possibly drilling out the end of the metal threaded section that the coax wire is meant to be soldered to and that the whip screws onto, and then push the coax wire up til it is just protrudes put the hole that was just drilled and then seal the hole back up by soldering the wire into the hole then use a smooth file to smooth the top of the metal screw in part back into the top of the aerial.

Bart

Your solution sounds okay, Bart.

The aerial is basically one wire with a shield. The shield should be electrically "grounded", meaning it is connected to the base of the radio. The inner core is where the signal travels and the entire length of it must be shielded so that it doesn't act as an extension to the antenna.

So if you can organise the inner conductor safely up through that threaded section and solder it in place you've done it. Be careful that when you heat it up you don't overheat it and melt it, it's probably brass, but also be aware that it might just be blocked with solder anyway so giving it a bit of heat might shake the solder loose and drilling may not be needed.

Latest posts

Back