FS5W71 transmission bearings C3 info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugh_h

Reaction score
currently I'm working on transmission - replacing bearings, I have to leave synchros because it is hard to get new one here at reasonable price. but getting them form USA is somehow hard because it's car for Europe with td25 diesel engine, anyway synchro are not too bad.

I'm not sure did somebody before had changed bearings in this car, thighs mainly looks untouched. But I have only one bearing that is C3 type ? it was on mainshaft at the steel plate.

Anyone knows which exactly bearings should be C3 type? in this transmission ?
That's the only one thing stopping me form assembling all together, I really don't want put there wrong ones. I guess that C3 should be also on countershaf at front and at metal plate. Any info on this?

P1090064.JPG

(I thing I've seen somewhere "brgs" is that short form ? from bearings)

ok thanks,
my transmission was at the workshop for bearings replacement because I didn't have time to do it by myself at that moment but they did nothing but replace only 2 outer bearings, generally I lost my many on that. after about 5000km transmission become relay noisy it was hard to engage gears, so I decided to take it apart, see what's inside ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd4H6GFbYEM&feature=endscreen&NR=1
that why I'm looking for info on brgs (is thats correct?) need to do it right

hmm ...
I have no problem getting bearings I also know the size or number for them but I have problem to find out which of them are with increased clearance - that's quite important tor the transmission to work fine for long time.

finally my research didn't brought more info, so I based on my knowledge and picked 3 bearings that are C3. we will see :)

Keep us updated mate.

I can get bearings list of a mates dad.

Ill see what he says.

I have car back on the road again, everything seems to be fine for now
I selected countersahaft front and both adapter plate brgs to be C3, we will see how long it lasts.
It's better to put C3 where it shouldn't be rather than other way, but I think I'm right.

Did use get the QD32ETi over there ?

The gearbox in them will bolt up to the TD series motor.

not sure about that even TD27ETi is different then TD27T or TD25 I got.
TD27ETi transmission is about 20mm longer than mine
need to mod shafts etc
was looking for pathfinder with that engine for swap with gearbox but no luck so fixed mine for now as engine works great just it's quite weak 83HP

Latest posts

Back