Shooters win one for a change.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff3DMN

Reaction score
It's been stated that no one seems to be doing anything to stop the Greenies from interfering with our outdoors life style. Some people are still fighting them and sometimes they're even winning.

I applaud the actions of the NSW Rifle Association who have managed to stop Garret and his Greenies from evicting shooters and turning the ANZAC Rifle Range into National Park.

A link to the court case Judgement.

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=159740

*edit* Of course there is a typo in the thread title... it should be shooters *sigh*

Last edited:
It's quite criminal to think that our liberties and freedoms to pursue our interests (where they don't endanger or otherwise compromise other people's livelihood, income, safety and wellbeing) can be attacked like that. I don't like NPWS because they are so anal about bushland remaining untouched, to the point where it poses a significant fire hazard (who can spell "Canberra bushfires" and count to over 500?).

BTW, I fixed the title.

I don't like NPWS because they are so anal about bushland remaining untouched.

I have had numerous mountain bike tracks that i have built in the bush - where no one would ever have any reason to be - destroyed just because its in national park. I dont see why, if people want to enjoy the bush doing what they love, with minimal impact on the environment, isnt allowed. I suppose that liabilty comes into it somewhere, i wish Australia was a little more like Canada, in the way they encourage people to use the bush for such activities. If you trip and hurt yourself on a trail over there, stiff shit. Do it here and people will try and sue. - end of my rant...

I have had numerous mountain bike tracks that i have built in the bush - where no one would ever have any reason to be - destroyed just because its in national park. I dont see why, if people want to enjoy the bush doing what they love, with minimal impact on the environment, isnt allowed.
There in lies your problem. BMX/MTB tracks are NOT minimal impact. The major problem is everyone wants bare soil and that channels water. I know a local place where a BMX ttrack was created and over three acres is now completely fscked from soil erosion, not to mention what happened in a few hundred metres of creekline.

Seeing how quickly most of the benefits of "anti-biotics" has been squandered in the last 60 years, personally I'm happy to leave National Parks locked up as much as possible as a future bank of possible life saving medicines.

I suppose that liabilty comes into it somewhere, i wish Australia was a little more like Canada, in the way they encourage people to use the bush for such activities. If you trip and hurt yourself on a trail over there, stiff shit. Do it here and people will try and sue. - end of my rant...

That is the problem here and why I stopped having community groups around to our place.

Part of the problem with bushfires in the Australian bush is that the animals/mammals that demolished the ground cover are not around any more.

The second problem is that "burn offs" require critical timing so they are not kill offs or advantage stuff that burns better, hotter and faster to replace the current stuff.

not to change the topic lads but it is very simmilar in many ways.
what do you all think about banning piggin with dogs????i know its not shooting but the greenies are trying this aswell and i believe it falls under the same hat,also i know quet a few blokes that dog and shoot at the same time.i myself will shoot when out hunting with my dogs.

There in lies your problem. BMX/MTB tracks are NOT minimal impact. The major problem is everyone wants bare soil and that channels water. I know a local place where a BMX ttrack was created and over three acres is now completely fscked from soil erosion, not to mention what happened in a few hundred metres of creekline.

That may be true for some tracks, however with extensive work keeping areas free from erosion, it cant be said about everywhere. Especially when drainage is addressed in the right manner and there isn't a thousand people riding it. After 6 months of not riding some trails, you would never even know they existed.

not to change the topic lads but it is very simmilar in many ways.
what do you all think about banning piggin with dogs????i know its not shooting but the greenies are trying this aswell and i believe it falls under the same hat,also i know quet a few blokes that dog and shoot at the same time.i myself will shoot when out hunting with my dogs.

i personally dont like using dogs for hunting in that manner...BUT, pigs are a feral pest so any way is ok with me....more importantly, if we give this to the greenies, its just another stepping stone for the BASTARD :homo:'s to take away more.

Gun dogs/ retrievers I dont have probs with.

Just my 2c.

Happy Hunting:shooter:

Thats fair enough.doggin needs to be done right or not done at all i believe (very effective and humane in controling feral pigs if done RIGHT).i just hate the greenie :homo: trying to take away our hobbies,like you said they get 1 thing they will use it as a stepping stone to get more,before we know it we wont be able to 4X4!!!!!

Latest posts

Back