maxxis bighorn 265 75 r16 762's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emir

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had plans to lift my navara ( 2 inch dobinsons lift kit and at a later stage a 2inch body lift)... and i wanted to put 33inch maxxis bighorns on 16x8 steel rims.... the plan was to wear out my stock tyres for a few more weeks and do the whole lift and tyres at once....

my plan went to S@#t two days ago when i warmed up the car and finally realised my front right tyre had a massive nail in it which completetly punctured the tyre and my left had a leak also due to a small nail...

im pleased to say that today i fitted a set of 4x brand new 265 75 r16 bighorms on my stock standard navara (2010 december thai build) with absolutly no scrubing on gaurds or chasis or anywhere for that matter even on full lock... i also managed to pick the tyres up incredably cheap from a friend for $920 picked up and cost me $ 50 to fit.

i have had maxxis buckshots on my old rig and loved them as they where good for even wearing and lasted about 50 000 kms and gripped pretty well... hopefully the new set last as long.

highly recommend these tyres and i will post picks up when i do the lift in a few weeks.:rofl2::rofl2::rock::rock:

I just priced 33x12.5 and there setting me back $1100 fitted or I can got to the mickey Thompson MTZ for an extra $100

07nav said:
mind me asking where you got that price for MTZ's?

I got it from my local tire shop at gateshead, they always been good for cheap tires.

I got it from my local tire shop at gateshead, they always been good for cheap tires.

you must be running 33/12.5/r15????? not 16's???? or are they 285-75-16???

i found that the 33 size is cheaper than the 285's and the 275's

i got mine from a friend as a one off from the whole seller in melbourne :)

I would say that there is a fair difference in quality between bighorns and MTZ. for an extra $100 or even $200, id say its worth it for the MT

everyone has their own opinions on what a good and bad tire is but it's personal preference, I'll be getting the bighorns ive always liked them

bighorns are made in two different places,thialand and somewhere else (cant remember but im pretty sure the thi ones are the good ones)anyway where ever the other ones are made they are the shit ones and there the ones that bob jane used to sell,now they say that they dont sell them because they dont meet aus standards,really they were just buying the cheap crap that wasnt aus tested and selling them as the good ones.
All in all get a good set of bighorns and you cant go wrong IMO.

The new generation of Bighorn dont actually look too bad. I didnt have a good experience with the old ones- found them very slippery in the wet and bloody noisy. I think that may have been some of the issues they wanted to fix with the new ones.

yea i love em,never had the old ones but i struggle Hard to throw my back end out trying with mine let alone just normally,they stick awsome.i run 32x11.5 r15 on neg 13 offset.

they have bighorns 762's and 764's,

764's being the newer ones.... which are also about 35 bucks a tyre cheaper than the 762's..

according to the price difference i went the 762's as they had a better ratting... probably coz they have been around longer...

also alot of people on the Frontier website had good things to say about them... i find that they arent to noisey unless you push it past 110kmph.

back end doesnt come out in the wet anymore either. :) ...(((( not sure if thats a good thing or not )))....lol

Latest posts

Back