sqeaking noise d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colby_w_t

Reaction score
hi guys just wondering if anyone would know the problem i have.

in second gear and under load between 1500 rpm and 3000 rpm i have a squeeking noise that sounds like it comes from the gear box.

spoke to a mechanic over the phone and he thinks it may be the trow out bearing/ thrust bearing.

as well ive been chasing a price on a heavy duty clutch and cheapest i can find one for is $595 that is an exedy heavy duty. does this sound about right?

2000 navara 3.2 diesel series 1 or 2.
dx single cab QD32

Some of the QD32 powered D22's run a dual mass flywheel, so it might be more expensive then that.

Sounds like a spigot bearing to me.

Dave.

Easiest way is to check is to ask a Nissan spare parts guy. PM Nizzbits, he should be able to tell you going of the Vin number I am pretty sure.

Spigot bearing change, remove the gearbox and the clutch and its in the back of the crank.

Big job for a cheap part.

Dave.

i just had it done on my mazda 323 before I sold it to buy the nav - $1000 later for a $50 part - the labour is what kills you.

Spigot sounds about right.
Wont be the thrust, unless you can hear it wurring away while the car is in neutral.
May be a Uni, is there ant vibration?
Could also be no oil in your rear diff.

Also, look in your pouch where the gear sticks go into. I leave coins in there and freak out when I hear noises.

does kinda sound like a spigiot, but before you pull everything apart, check everything is tight, you might be lucky and it might just be something loosish or rubbing..

rang nissan yesterday and it has the OEM solid flywheel not the dual mass flywheel.

already bought a new sports tuff exedy clutch, fitting tomorrow.

there is a slight vibration when taking off from a still position.

oh well if the clutch doesnt fix it i will just keep narrowing it down with your suggestions cheers for the input.

ok what a mission it was to do the clutch on the ground with only a jack and 3 guys to to remove the gearbox.

throw out bearing was bretty much stuffed, dry as a bone and had been continually rubbing on the pressure plate, flywheel was glazed and had hot spots a many.

all back together and working a treat except for the centre bearing in my tailshaft which is rooted now.

Good work changing the clutch, did you get any pictures while you were doing the job?

squeek

Some of the QD32 powered D22's run a dual mass flywheel, so it might be more expensive then that.

Sounds like a spigot bearing to me.

Dave.

I had a squeeky front end.. turned out to be the plastic bumper, packed it out and gone...

Latest posts

Back