Woops! Diesel injector & vacuum pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinelli

Reaction score
Being a diesel noobie, I'm determined to strip down this TD27T before installing it in the nav, jsut to get my head around it and so on. Plus, good opportunity to make sure all gaskets are up to scratch, get rid of oil leaks etc.

So, first questions. Aim was to remove the injectors and take them to get them tested while the engine was out. Didn't realise that the bottom nut was also part of the injector, it seems I have only removed the top half. I'll get the bottom half out asap but have I buggered it, or can I just screw it back together and get it tested with the rest?

Secondly, the vacuum pump, on the back of the alternator, is fairly mucky and has obviously been leaking oil. Is this just a dodgy gasket, or is it likely the pump itself will need to be serviced/replaced?

Cheers

Never pulled a vacuum pump apart.

The injectors in those motors are designed to be rebuilt.

So I think they should be fine.

However, I dont reckon the vacuum pump on the back of the alternator will be hard to rebuild.

Dion and some other guy have D21 FSM, should show you how to rebuild them.

How did you go with the seal kit. You'll need 1 for the alternator to.

i am about to do my vacuum pump and i found a kit through repco or bursons, cant remember which one but in the manual it says that its just 2 o rings and 7 copper washers (inc pipe)

Thanks guys. No repco here, but will try our local fella. Good to hear about the injector. Now I just have to hope I have all the bits.

Can you do a write on rebuilding that alternator with the pump.

Your cluey enough to do it.

Learnt something with the injectors today - took them into the local diesel shop to get tested and reconditioned. Bloke was going to order new jets, but then realised he had some from a TD42 in stock. Had a look, and it seems that the TD27T and TD42 injectors are identical.

Latest posts

Back