Powerlines again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am heading upto the powerlines again soon.
My uncle bought a new rangerover and wants to get it dirty.

At this stage we will be going sunday the 4th of October. I am just waiting for him to confirm the date with me, should be locked in by friday.

If anyone wants to join ur all more than welcome.
Might do it in reverse this time, starting at Talbot Rd and Exiting on Flynn Rd. Downhills from last trip become hillclimbs and vice versa, (daddymatty what do you think of this? would there be enough climbs the other way?)

Probably start a bit earlier than last time (9ish) and stop off for one of those award winning steak sanga's at the pub up there on the way out.
Should be a bit drier by then also, will just have to take harder lines.

Let me know if u want to come along, will be another awesome day out.

Deejay, good chance to break in the new 22?!

Cheers :victory:

next weekend ay?

i put a post in the perth section about going this sunday since it's supposed to be warmer, sunnier and will still be some mud fun plus i'm really eager to get something done this weekend if i dont end up going camping down south for the long weekend.

Yeah the missus and I are doing a Margs trip for the long weekend.
Sunday is supposed to be real nice weather.. (nice enough to duck out for some fishing when she's not looking haha)

i'd prefer this weekend, but guess you're busy on that.

if anyone does want to go this weekend then might as well, but nothing stopping people from going this and next weekend, haha

have a good trip to marg, get some chocolates while you're down there!

Guys I am locked in for a powerlines run this Sunday. It is going to be another mad trip

Will be with 2 maybe 3 other cars (2 Disco's & toyota)

Meeting on the Flynn Rd entry to the track at 9.
(was about an hr drive up from inaloo last time)
Heading off from there 9.30

If anyone is keen for a run, come and meet us up there or pm for my no.

Cheers

Maddogrc it's about time u got up there & shouldn't be quite as wet either

lol

i was just about to post here saying i'll be able to make it

hope others can make it too!

yeah, gonna be good if its less wet, my ute will have more of a chance getting through, but still gonna be expecting to need help with some bits.

still finalising over my under chassis guards and stuff; got the sump and all of the gearbox covered, looking at maybe a little cover for the brake lines so a rock or big stick doesnt get caught in it and break it.

Last edited:
Sweet as,

Just pick the right lines mate, u'll get thru easy as!
Last time we all got out for the hard bits so there was good direction when u couldn't see

Weather looks good till the end of next week too.

all should be fine, i just gotta look out for deep ditches and drive on top of the ruts, not in them.

also just gotta check all the puddles because what may look shallow can be easily a foot deep. found that out when riding my bike one time XD

hey fellas sorry ive been a bit quiet of late ill be there on sunday ill ring my bro tomorrow and see what he is doing roundy i think flynn rd is the best way not all that many climbs the other way im not going through that centre mud hole this time though im still getting mud out of my car :p doesnt stink though so thats ok cant wait its gonna be awesome as

Awesome, good to hear u guys can make it,
ur prob right daddymatty so meetin at flynn.

No chance i'm hittin that hole either, unless i remove the carpet first. Considering u guys out-wheeled me all day i wouldn't stand a chance!
Forgot to wash the engine bay last time, went to do a check to go south on the weekend and the bonnet was stuck shut with mud & after rinsing twice is till a complete mess. oops

Keep ur eyes peeled on the w.a section Sharpey, probably wont be long till the next trip out

haha roundy me to i didnt wash my car for about 2 weeks, i used degreaser in my engine bay and that seemed to clean the mud pretty good, how bout i pull you through the mudholes haha :big_smile: you know that big hill were we pulled the random nav out do you reckon we could go down it my bro has got a bucks night on sat so he wont be there but we gonna have some fun have you done any mods since last time roundy

Last edited:
Nah man still pretty stocko, bank account says insufficient something... ha

Tell u what if u get down that ridiculous mud rut without flipping head over i'll follow... MAYBE

I'll have to put a bit more effort into that first mud pit this time tho! Woohoo!

Haha i found a video on youtube of a subaru forester doing a water crossing at mundaring

im getting the nav ready now doing checks and the like gonna be a good one i wanna get through that middle mud hole it should be a bit shallower this time haha

lol, think i saw it before.

checked all my gear today, somehow i got a tear in one end of my snatch strap??? must be through age or something, but i guess it can be used more as a tow rope since i dont really plan on getting stuck deep in mud to the diff, haha

final checks later on once i get through this 20mm worth of paper of study....fkin fun

Back