D22 2.5 Max Boost ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowy_07

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm picking up an 08 D22 in the next fortnight or so and am wanting to hook up a Boost gauge. I've got an Autometer Boost/Vac gauge left over from my last vehicle, but it only goes up to 20 psi.

Whats the max boost set at from the factory in the 2.5 D22's ?

Thanks,
James.

This is what mine does.

Attachments

• DSCF7710.jpg
    DSCF7710.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 555
Should have got a gauge that goes to 30 psi, so its not at the end of the gauge all the time.

Dave.

I know this is an old thread, but no use making a new one.

Using the Elm327 and a boost gauge, both readings show 10lb max boost yet everyone else is getting atleast 16lb.

What could be going on and how would I fix this?

Ah righto, because I went for a drive in a friends 2012 d22 and it was reading 21lbs from factory :s

21 seems a bit much for a stock d22. D40 yes, but d22 not so much... Unless they have changed something, but they haven't changed the spec sheets to say that have more power or better economy so I doubt it...

Mine stock measured from the turbo wastegate feed line was about 17psi around 3000 rpm if you really stood on it. Normally sat around 16 without getting right up it. Obviously a bit lower if it was measured after the intercooler, but at least it shows what the turbo is putting out. That's an autometer gauge too, so I guess fairly accurate, although I haven't got anything to compare it to.

Now with a boost controller thrown in to reduce wastegate creep I get around 18-19 measured from the same location. I haven't put a chip in so fuel hasn't changed, but it does seem to go better than before that was fitted..

Last edited:
I have a turbo back 3" exhaust and a steinbauer chip and when it was dyno'd the best results was with the boost in the mid 18psi range, tried the boost at levels up to 21 but there were no power benifets what so ever

Latest posts

Back