remote keyless locks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
ok odd question, i have a 2007 d40 rx, it has central locking just no remote (and manual everything , mirriors windows etc etc)

i have looked in the service manual, and in the remote locking section it states that the BCM itself is what is recieving the signal from the keyfob,

if this is the case can i safely assume that i merely need to get a keyfob, and then plug into the car and activate the system via the BCM ??

or am i going after market / making it up myself - - i have found in the service manual where i can tap into the existing central locking system to make it work as described in keyless entry, (lock unlock, light flash horn beep etc) only hard part would be to mimic the auto relock function and single press drivers door and dual press all doors

further to that would i be able to wire in power windows and mirrors into the bcm and get that all working as well, or would i need to make a system that works independent of the BCM

Wholy shit. I thought all cars came with power windows these days? I guess you would need the power window switch and motorised mirrors to get them working, have no idea about the central locking. I dont know about everyone else, but one hit of the unlock does everything, not just the drivers door. My commonwhore had to be pushed twice to do the whole car. Your best bet would be to strip a written off STX and take what you need.

It will probably cost you more but if you go to Nissan they can program the fob to the BCM (or vise versa). From what I have read programming it yourself is not possible.

You can get a fob off ebay and take it to Nissan I think someone recently suggest it was $175 for the programming, but prices will no doubt vary between dealers.

You should be able to put an after market one in but it will depend a bit on how the aftermarket system works with the Nissan system.

The windows would be a bit more difficult and would depend on what is in the door skin.

Haha, i meant the p0wer window actuators with switches, and the power mirror switch - paired with mirrors with motors.

yeah the windows and stuff i would need the actuators switches wiring looms, and the mirrors are actually different,

i was thinking that i would be able to make a basic system with an off the shelf 'keyfob' and reciever that would simply put a signal into the door lock/unlock switch on the center consol

Morticus mine doesn't have ABS or airbags either, and i am still on the fence about there being a chip in the key for an immobilizer

The BCM and the remote button control the central location and NATS if it's installed. If the system is in place and you are just missing the remote it would be just as easy to buy the remote from ebay and get Nissan to program it because the Nissan actuators wont work with an after market system as well as with the Nissan system.

The BCM and remote need to understand each other, without reprogramming the BCM the easiest option is to reprogram the fob and it will take Nissan about 20 mins to do. (alternatively you can send your BCM to QLD and have it programmed a bit cheaper but no BCM = no car for the time it's in the mail)

You could remotely activate the console switch for the central locking but it would be quicker easier and possibly cheaper to just reprogram a remote fob.

As for windows and mirrors they'd have to be independently run or at very least the BCM would need programming if it is in fact capable of being programmed for such things.

krafty, that was really the question, is the bcm able to be reprogrammed, it seems as simple as connecting a laptop to the car and turning features on and off with the software interface

also this is assuming the hardware required is fitted to the car in the first place, i am going to assume that the NATS isn't fitted to my nav, this is going on no airbags, no abs, no power anything etc etc and short of buying a write off at auction this isn't going to get fitted unless an engine blows up

soooooooooo to this end i am going to make my own, an arduino micro controller board i will have to figure out how to program myself (25 bucks of ebay so far) will keep you posted

Well essentially it will be that simple but it will no doubt require software that very few people outside Nissan have and my guess is they'd suggest programming the remote fob is an easier option.

If it were me inventing a solution I'd just buy a central locking control box with a single actuator, remove the actuator and connect its signal to the back of the console switch. It will only ever control the door locks and never do things like alarms or immobilisers but I reckon it could be rigged up in no time.

agreed, as i am pretty sure i can use my solution to essentially bypass the bcm and use the central locking and hack into the hazard light circuit to generate the light flash

like i said, 30 bucks so far, need to reseach the reciever and keyfob transmitter (i might try bluetooth, and use my phone) and a few bucks in assorted other electrical bits and a few months of trial and error, lol

on a side note a mate at work is using one of these boards and has made himself a scan guage type device, reading OAT, dual battery voltages, etc etc

I've just done this. Everything works apart from the keyless entry. The dash needed to be changed as the loom is different. Mine now has electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking. There's an easy way to program key fobs on YouTube but my bcm isn't even getting to the first step where the hazard lights flash. Somehow thus needs to be activated in the bcm. BTW mine has no nats. I'm still yet to test the cruise control but the radio steering wheel controls work.

Latest posts

Back