How long before delivery???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1102

Reaction score
Ordered D40 dual cab diesel auto in late June for September delivery, dealer said October, now they say November.
Is there a shortage or are they stuffen me around and selling it from under me to someone who is prepared to pay more? Can they legally do this?

BShifty.

I ordered my D40 on the 1st August and the dealer claimed there was all sorts of shortages due to many different reasons from the global financial crisis to Nissan not producing enough cars because they didn't see the potential in the Aussie market. After a week of waiting the reason was that Nissan head office in Melb sacked 25 workers and there was a major reshuffle of the staff left. At the end of the day most of the reasons just become boring.
In the end it took about 3 weeks before my dealer actually found me the car I wanted on a boat headed for Australia. In all the wait was about 7 weeks.
I think your wait seems a bit excessive and I'd be hammering the dealer for more information or more freebies, if there is no parts you want ask for merchandise (salesmen are happier to take a hit on the over priced merchandise because it comes out of a different budget) or try and get the second service for free.
As much as they might tell you sales are up they are still desperate for your money so why not see how desperate they are. As my local dealer claims, "We want your business and are willing to pay for it." And if only they'd paid more they'd have got it too.

How the wheel turns...

In Feb when I bought my D40 it took 48 hours to get it from Melbourne, they discounted the hell out of it to get my business and the dealer principal thanked me profusely for buying a car from them!

Hi Guys,

When I expressed dismay over the 1 month lead time for my D22, the sales guy said, you're lucky you're not waiting for a D40, you could be waiting until January 2010.

They were pretty keen to sell me a Silver D22, but I was happy to wait for the white one which was on a ship. Apparently a shortage on white due to government and fleet mostly buying white.

Cheers,

DJ

At least you will get a new car! not one that's been sitting in a paddock for 6-12 months. First thing to do is check the VIN for the build date. I refuse to take anything more than 3 months old when buying a "NEW" car.

Good luck.

Finally after many false starts I picked up my new Black TD Auto Titanium today. Will put the canopy I got of Ebay 5 months ago on this weekend.

How the wheel turns...

In Feb when I bought my D40 it took 48 hours to get it from Melbourne, they discounted the hell out of it to get my business and the dealer principal thanked me profusely for buying a car from them!

I'm hearin ya, I got mine in March, Rudds bonus hadn't quite got the nod through parliament yet and everyone was holding out for the nod on the bonus. They jumped at the chance to sell it to me and I think it only took a week to get a few bits done and delivered. I did hear they were extremely low on stock after that though.

Latest posts

Back