Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Girls

This item came up on Sparra Build Thread and i thought it deserved its own thread. I will be purchasing one as soon as i have funds for it next week and will give my report back on it whe i have fitted and done a change.

I sent an email to Fumoto in regards to there drain valves cause the wbsite displays that Navara will need a 3/8 valve. But my studdies show that all Navara and Patrols use a M12x1.25 Sump Plug which is universal between Toyota and other brands. Please correct me if im wrong.

i got this reply back from Fumoto:

Navara may be similar to Patrol where some engines use F103N (12mm) and some use F102N (3/8”). Easiest way to tell is if you use 14mm spanner to undo your sump plug you will need F103N, if you use 22mm spanner you need F102N. I’ll update my listing next week.

for $30ish + postage i think it will save me having oil all over the floor and down my arm etc. Simply run hose off the drain valve into an empty oil bottle and its done.

www.sumpplug.com is the website for more information.

with bashplates 0%. lol it would still b protected by the ironman bashplates. maybe if you still had stock plates it would be a higher chance. its hard to say lol.

Sparra - i will be waiting ot hear from you on the fit and a few pictures. then i will be ordering mine plus an extra for the pootrol

I wonder how the valve open. Wouldn't want it to open while flying down a highway

is there enough room 'tween the bash plate and sump to fit this in????

stationary engines use this type of device for ease of oil change.

FatBoy - check the site. its got a security locking device on it so its has to ve lifted befrore turning. i probably woldnt be worried about it coming open.

Krankin - on the d22 there is. i think we will have t wait and see how Sparra goes with his fit. you could easily get it without the nipple on the end so its not as long. or you could put your own nipple to the end at right angle so it doesnt point straight down

I wonder how the valve open. Wouldn't want it to open while flying down a highway

plug with nipple

nseries_sml.jpg

plug without nipple
fumotovalve_sml.jpg

i have played with one recently, b4 it was fitted
it wont open on its own
i wont be worried
but
a small cable tie around lug will be fitted to mine for that xtra insurance

Last edited:
arrived and fitted today
i cut approx 5mm off the end of nozzle and used cable tie as safety on valve
i have approx 10mm clearance from bashplates
see pics

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly the same dramas I have with my plates and doing an oil change. Exactly the solution I'm lookin for! Excellent to see other trying it out.
I wonder if the monkeys at Nissan can figure out how to use it...

I will still carry a spare sump plug inboard regardless (a mate was a mechanic for Peugeot says they use them sometimes. And they can break the little lever off then they leak)

hey sparra - I can't see clearly from your pics but did you use a new copper crush washer or the one supplied from Fumoto when you installed the valve?

cheers

hey sparra - I can't see clearly from your pics but did you use a new copper crush washer or the one supplied from Fumoto when you installed the valve?

cheers

i used the fabric one from futomo
i will keep an eye on it
and i will carry original in toolkit

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had any issues with these? I haven't got around to getting mine yet.

So far so good
I've been doing some serious trackwork,bent my bashplates and dinged sliders
Drain valve has'nt. mooved
40k service next week
Be interesting if Nissan can work it out

Back