Hey Hey its Racial Funaday

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Id like to hear what ever arguments you have in regards to Hey Heys its Saturdays Michael Jackson Skit on Wednesday night.

Personally, I think America needs to harden the fcuk up about it. I get it was 'racist' (sort of) but I dont understand HCjnr putting his 2cents worth in, who seriously cares what Harry Conic Jnr says.

Anyway,

Fight Amongst yourselves.

Thanks

Stuart

Agree with you stuart .. americans HTFU dammit ..

we are the best at taking the piss out of everoyne ... that means americans to :)

and we find it funny ... generally..

personally the whole MJ skitt thing on hey hey .. i say whats the big deal .. isnt that what red faces is supposed to be about !!!

This is OZ,
this is what we do,
Takin the piss is part of being oz,
we've done it since i remember,
and i hope we keep it up,
no racism intended,
just our way!

BUILD A BRIDGE MATE!!

oh, and if u cant get over it.......JUMP OFF.

just a bunch of americans (pot) calling the kettle black so they can say look at them them Australians are racist and we're not

a bunch of multicutural doctors doing that skit is hardly racist. that American was just covering his ass and the media pounced on it

yep HTFU

Been reading a fair bit about this. There was no harm intended by the guys doing the skit. They were curry munchers, wogs, dago's and lebo's (joking), so can hardly have been racist. Still, the seppo's have a big issue with the whole 'blackface' thing, which we in Australia mostly know nothing about. So the worst thing they are guilty of is ignorance. I've seen a little bit of Al Jolson, but really that's the only thing I knew about 'blackface'. I'm reasonably widely read, but knew nothing about it. These guys are doctors, so obviously well edumacated, but even they didn't know about the American stigma of 'blackface'.

As for Harry Connick Jnr, he did a skit in 96 of a black preacher, which his management has denied that he was taking off a black man. This is just bullsh!t, because it's as plain as the nose on your face what he's doing. So he's just a hypocrite. As felixblack said, just covering his arse (note Australian spelling!!) and not wanting to damage his reputation. Yanks used to be pretty irreverant, but now a lot of them are just so PC. Don't even get me started about the Hollywood types defence of that scumbag Roman Polanski.

I would like to know what makes this act racist today that didn't make it racist 20 years ago when they did it.

They still painted their faces, they still had bad wigs. they still aren't very good but they do still look like they are having fun, the only difference seems to be the holier than thou prick on the judging panel.

Atleast Harry Chronic Loser's manager has had time to come out and defend his preacher skit from years ago. I feel much better knowing there was a difference between his act and five guys doing a sing along to MJ.

If they do another Red Faces maybe we can get Robert Downey Jr to judge and he can get offended about a white person painting himself black to entertain people. It's only fair since I was offended having sat through 90 mins of Tropical Thunder watching him do the same thing, although my offense was more aimed at myself for sitting through the movie when I could have been sorting my sock drawer.

On the subject of racism.

How many times have I been called a white !@#$, but if I call someone a black !@#$ I am a racist ?

I just seen it before, what a crock of you know what.

Dave.

I would like to know what makes this act racist today that didn't make it racist 20 years ago when they did it.

The bleeding-heart, soft-touch, politically-correct, latte-sipping, turtle-neck-jumper-wearing, tree-hugging, vegan, lesbian, lactose-intolerant do-gooders have taken over the world, that's what.

Must be a slow news day in Aus and the US.

I bet HCJnr's manager was straight on the phone to the US media telling them how HCJnr was in Aus sticking up for the US black minorities, anything to save his crappy downhill sliding career.

I didn't think it was funny, but I certainly didn't think it was offensive. That will teach Somers Carroll for putting on some pathetic has-been US celebrity. There are plenty of Aussie celebs they could have used, and my pick is they would have had a sense of humour.

If they dressed as women everyone there would be no issue, if they dressed as animals the RSPCA wouldnt care, if they dressed as the prime minister, he wouldnt care, they paint themselves black and there is an uproar.....

I really don't get it, sure there is something about the blackface thing that we don't get and I really couldn't be f#cked researching.

There was talk all bloody day on the talkback radio shows and from what I heard, not many black people were offended by it, it was mainly do gooding white folk and the media creating some shock value to make great headlines.

I really don't even care whether it was racist or not anymore, I'm just sick of hearing about it.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups.

FFS they were doing a Jackson 5 tribute, IMO there is nothing racial about it

Imitation is supposed to be the most sincere form of flattery. Just another case of the minority (overly politically correct nutbags) trying to conform the majority.

i don't understand what the big deal was all about.

If you can show me a more appropriate way to characterise a black person other than actually changing skin to said colour to get the point across, then i'll use it.

If you want to depict a dog, you put on a dog costume.
If you want to depict a cat, you put on a cat costume
If you want to look black, paint your skin black wtf is the big deal?

I said when I first watched it to my wife "I bet this will get blown way out of proportion, and the worst offenders will be white political correct do-gooders getting offended on behalf of the black population who realistically don't really give a shit."

I used to love Australia a whole lot more before we started listening to the politically correct """SHITE"""!!!!!
I still love the country but there is no more free speech. Whatever you do you will anooy someone and they will bag you and label you a racist or some other form of assssshole.
I say to all of them. "SCREW YOU ALL"
Harden the F up and get a sense of humour. If not,,,GET A BIG BLACK DOG UP YA!!! :)

Back