fitting boost gauge to D40 YD25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone fitted a boost gauge to this model ? i purchased a mechanical boost guage only to find the waste gate is vacuum operated so can't tee into that, and bigger problem of it has an intercooler so no cross over tube to tee into. has anyone else ran into this problem ?:idea:

just use a small plastic tee piece into the boost sensor off the driver side of the intercooler. Most boost gauges come with one of these in the right size. Hardest part is getting the grill etc off to get into it.

Be warned though the plastic of the boost sensor is very brittle so take care when pushing the hose on etc.

I found the Sangauge II to be the best solution to reading boost pressure....at idle it reads 14.7psi (ie 1 Atmosphere) and goes up from there. Can also set up an X-gauge to read the actual boost but I haven't done this yet.

just use a small plastic tee piece into the boost sensor off the driver side of the intercooler. Most boost gauges come with one of these in the right size. Hardest part is getting the grill etc off to get into it.

Be warned though the plastic of the boost sensor is very brittle so take care when pushing the hose on etc.

Hi 4.8GU,

Would this be the same for a 2.5 D22. Any chance you (or someone else) could get a pic for me, just to make sure.

Cheers,
James.

I found the Sangauge II to be the best solution to reading boost pressure....at idle it reads 14.7psi (ie 1 Atmosphere) and goes up from there. Can also set up an X-gauge to read the actual boost but I haven't done this yet.

Can you tell me what the boost specs are for the D40? what is the max?

boostgauge_.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys thought i'd post this pic up of where to tapinto for a mechanical boost gauge just like 4.8GU mentioned its on the drivers side of the intercooler. Hope it's of any help.

I don't know, sometimes I'd like to know how much boost is happening.

I don't understand what information can be gained from a boost gauge when it is totally controlled by the ecu. You as a driver have no influence on the boost pressures.
e.g if it takes 30% throttle to cruise at 100k's then wont the ecu give the proportional amount of boost to provide the most efficient air/fuel ratios therefore maximum power for that speed/throttle position?

Sure, but it's trivia thing. Not an essential, but just a nice thing to know.

I know the car is designed to be "put the foot on the gas pedal and go" but personally I'm intrigued by some of the minutiae, even if I can't influence any of it. It's just a curiosity.

The boost is controlled by the ECU? That sucks....would be nice if you could just put an aftermarket boost controller on it, and wooooosh! haha. Imagine the warranty claims....

I don't understand what information can be gained from a boost gauge when it is totally controlled by the ecu. You as a driver have no influence on the boost pressures.
e.g if it takes 30% throttle to cruise at 100k's then wont the ecu give the proportional amount of boost to provide the most efficient air/fuel ratios therefore maximum power for that speed/throttle position?

its really handy to know when fault finding. also if you see strange boost levels you can catch a problem before it becomes a major.

how about on the kingcab models, had a look for this line on my 09 kingcab but couldnt find it, anywhere else you can tap into for the boost guage

mate anywhere after the intercooler... i tapped into the turbo outlet first when i didnt know anything about my car and i used to hear the turbo through the gauge and thought it was faulty "leaking" but after i hooked it up after the intercooler it was sweet and displaying the right boost which mine runs 18 - 19 psi

umm..Is that wat all the 2.5TD D40's run?? 18-19psi??

Coz thats alot.. i thought diesels ran alot less than that..??

mate anywhere after the intercooler... i tapped into the turbo outlet first when i didnt know anything about my car and i used to hear the turbo through the gauge and thought it was faulty "leaking" but after i hooked it up after the intercooler it was sweet and displaying the right boost which mine runs 18 - 19 psi

I got a tap in the Plenum chamber straight after the turbo and it shows max of 20psi on my digital gauge and they I tried the inlet pipe just before it goes into the motor and shows the same boost (20psi Max) even when I tried a mechanical gauge. It never over boosts even when it is very cold out side and I am running a Steinbauer performance chip and it set on half.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back