first time freshwater fisher

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin_7

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive done my fair share of saltwater fishing, but have never given the murray river a crack.
Over Xmas were heading down to Blanchtown for a few days to do some skiing, but im keen to do some fishing whilest there.
So does anyone have any tips on bait or lures i should grab to use.

Seriously! That sounds easy as we always have plenty of cheese with us, it's pretty much all my boy eats...apart from tomato sauce.
What kind of rig works well? Running ball sinker with a hook below?
Thinking about getting some small Cray style gulp plastics to try.

When we go up the murray its relax time, so the cheese is easy, clean and no smell in the camper. The kids might use a few worms as well or a few shrimp if they catch them in the net. Haven,t tried plastics yet but one of the kids got some recently, so next time we are up there we will try them. I go with the kiss principle with the kids, hook and sinker because they,re guaranteed to get a snag and lose yet more tackle, but hey thats fishing

Cheese is no good for the cod they can't digest it they bloat up its illegal to use it around here but they do love it get your self one of those big rubber frogs and skim it across the surface heaps more fun watching them hit them or if you are feeling rich get a couple of jakles they seem to love them around here aswell

Latest posts

Back