D22 Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have got a quote for a new exhaust system for my nav from a few exhaust places in Sydney.They all around the same price.

$800 for 2.5 in,$1100 for 3in approx fitted straight through exhaust

Beaudesert Exhaust $1350 2.75 in fitted
Taipan 1400-$1500 approx 3in fitted
All system are mandrel bent, dump pipe, hi flow cat,straight through exhaust included.
i am thinking of getting 3in system.:victory:

Shane

I got a full 3" Taipan System put on not that long ago, you pay the bucks for it but its built super professionally and is a top notch system, personally I can notice the difference in performance gain as I lost a lot of get and go power due to larger tyres and a lot of additional weight, a chip next and I should be sweet again.

I paid 250 for my 2 1/2in system, goes from the cat back with only one resignator.

I want to get a 3in system put on mine but iv been told that the turbos need a bit of back pressure and a 3in would be too big for the 3l and the turbos would kill em selves quicker by over spooling themselves. Is there any truth in that rumour?

I had my car running on no exhaust straight out of the cat with a straight through cat (mind you) and it sounded absolutely awesome, i want it sounding like that again.

I want to get a 3in system put on mine but iv been told that the turbos need a bit of back pressure and a 3in would be too big for the 3l and the turbos would kill em selves quicker by over spooling themselves. Is there any truth in that rumour?

Wut. No. They don't need backpressure. You don't really need a 3" exhaust, you're right down the curve of diminishing returns for all the trouble it takes to route a 3" under the vehicle, BUT, if A) you like big noise, or B) you might ever put a bigger engine in it, go the 3".

I had my car running on no exhaust straight out of the cat with a straight through cat (mind you) and it sounded absolutely awesome, i want it sounding like that again.

Do it. :top:

Yeah at the min its still the stock pipe, i dont want to do much mods to wiring and pipework of any sort till i get a body lift installed, i figure when its raised i might have more room to play with.

When my mechanic hi flows the turbo, i cant remember exactly what he does but end result is quicker spool up which means eliminating turbo lag. I cant remeber if we were going for a ball bearing setup or not. Also i have to speak with him again about this topic it was a while ago when we spoke about doing this because my car has to be of the road for at least a week and i cant afford to do that right now. And he will rebuild something inside the turbo to suit it for the gas too, im guessing its just some seals.
I might find a cheap used str turbo on e bay or something and give him that to rebuild so i dont have to take my car off the road.
Might be a while till i do that as im currently searching for a rear diff for the conversion, funds are heading that way at the moment, 4x4 is better than 4x2, im sick of hammering up hills and through bog holes.

Hi All

I have finally gotten around to putting a 2.5in new exhaust system on my navara.It was done at a local exhaust shop for approx $900 fitted.I got a new dump pipe (advance), hi flow cat (magnaflow), new flex joint and a straight throw muffler.Boost is still about 15psi.Turbo seems to spool up a bit quicker.

Shane
Forgot to add turbo now has a nice whistle.

Last edited:
I am in the middle of doing mine, I started with a 2.5" system from next to the transfer case back with one chambered muffler. Still very nearly as quiet as before (It is a touch more throbby at idle from the outside but that is it) and it seems to boost up slightly better at low RPM, is markedly more willing in the midrange and is noticeably stronger at high revs. It used to roll off completely at about 4100rpm which I assumed to be the ECU de fuelling it as a govenor but now it pulls cleanly to the marked redline, not that it goes up there often.

In parts what I have done cost me $190 so far as I built it myself. I am just waiting to gather up the bits to do the rest right up to the back of the turbo.

Egr/Exhaust

Hey guys, done the egr+butterfly mod and cleaned out my intake manifold and and noticed the differance in throttle response.My 2.75" beaudesert exhaust has turned up today ,took it out of the box and it looks realy good .Going to instal it tomorrow:big_smile: I will let you no how it goes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06 3.0 DT STR.

if i said i got quote today for full exhaust for my 02 d22 for $380 would you say the owner i spoke to face to face was on some good shit cause it sounds way to cheap?? i was talking to him about he's nav and yeah he gave me this price which is making me think I WANT IT I WANT IT!! whats going rate for 2/5 inch???

Latest posts

Back