Hid headlights on 2012 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcat1

Reaction score
Was wondering if I can fit hid headlight kit to my new navara? Got hid spotties and have been told by someone that hid headlights might melt the plastic lenses of the headlights. Is this right or is this guy trying to give me a bumb steer?

Bum steer, been done plenty of times before. HID's don't run any hotter than a halogen bulb, cooler I believe. However, the legality of them would start another debate as old as this forum!:saberfighting:

Thanks guys, I knew it was possible, just his guy three a spanner in the works, and I know it's not completely legit, but going across the nullabour, I don't really give a shit about the legalities, as long as I can see the camels, dingos and big reds that I saw on the way over.

Yep,, you can fit them there just like a H4 type of bulb but you'll give other motorist the shits.
The arc in the bulb is the wrong shape and orrientation.

A better, frendlier solution. would be to fit somthing like a Philips or Narva 100+ bulbs, no more current draw or extra heat and the light pattern will be better. Add to that go a set of HID driving lights.

You may not give a shit about the legalities but I'm sure the cops will.

Good luck dodging the camels.

There has been heaps of docco done on HID globes etc and many of them say that actually HID conversions will give less light long range in standard headlights.If your wanting light go driving lights .Will be legal and far better off

Latest posts

Back