550 transmission temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra

Reaction score
I have just had oil temp guage fitted to the transmission on my 2012 stx went for a good drive today up the bush 34Deg outside did 60 kms in 4 hrs fairly steep terrain. Normal driving around town country roads sits on 70deg today in high range easy going sitting on about 100deg but if you got up it in 1st gear on a hill temp roars to 120deg and only that the hill ran out that it stopped there ! Then I tried it in low range where i would normally be in high range and found that it rarly went above 100deg even though i was travling at slower speeds
It seams that low range dosnt work the transmission nearly as much as high range so I would suggest anyone with the new V6 use low range for all but the easiest 4wd tracks to avoid temp problems

What is the acceptable temp range during operation? Maybe FatBoy could find out for us? What's the temp range on the oil Nissan use?

The temp is calculated just before the cooler there is a T placed in the oil line foe the senser. Im not sure on temp range but no lights came on at about 120deg

Latest posts

Back