I'm a Dumb Arse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
I've buggered my tail-gate. How? By leaveing a rope hanging over my (lowered) tail-gate (tied into the tub) -- I thought I'd tidy it up in the morning. Come the morning I forgot -- and promptly backed over it. It was a good bit of rope too -- breaking strain of about 12KN. So when the back wheel went over it, it went taut and bent the tail-gate hinge. Now the tail-gate wont shut properly and sits all askew. Yep, I'm such a dumb arse! :hang2:

bit like when i forgot to tie my 660 raptor back in and took off and she rolled out and banged on the tail gate that was dumb too

How badly damaged it the tailgate, will you get away with just replacing the hinges?

Its buckled the tub too - right where the hinges bolt on. And I reckon the latch is bent too. I'll have to pull it apart and see.

Start ringing around the places that make trays and check ebay and gumtree. Usually plenty of tubs around, fingers crossed for right colour!

Start ringing around the places that make trays and check ebay and gumtree. Usually plenty of tubs around, fingers crossed for right colour!

+1 I've heard of them going for $150

^ Yep - its a bit beat up, so if the fix gets too exxy I'll start hunting a new one. I'm still a dumb arse tho'

I opened my tailgate the morning after a big night, never saw the 2 beer bottles on the rear step, now I have a carbon copy of 2 bottles of corona in my tailgate.

You a d40 or d22 ape

Their is a guy near my house with 3 Nissan tubs out front of his house. I always see them on my night walks but don't pay attention to what they are. I can ask him what they're are going for if you want

You a d40 or d22 ape

Their is a guy near my house with 3 Nissan tubs out front of his house. I always see them on my night walks but don't pay attention to what they are. I can ask him what they're are going for if you want

Cheers mate, but I reckon I can fix mine -- just a matter of taking the tail gate off then gently persuading the mounting lip back into position & some dicking about with the latch (probably). I'll let you know if I f#@# it up though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back