New VicRoads Logo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dion

Reaction score
VicRoads just did an organisation-wide logo change. According to them, the old logo hadn't changed in twenty years and they needed something to demonstrate that the way they do business with the public has changed.

What???

As far as I can see, the old VicRoads logo was FINE. It's not like VicRoads have to compete with other road authorities for our business, we're stuck with these retards, so why do they have to appear fresh and modern? Basically they've just wasted my rego fee on a graphic design company, change management consultants, signwriters and printing like $50,000 worth of stationery. I'd love to see the budget for the logo change but VicRoads is staying tight lipped about it. What a complete effing waste of my effing money! It's a government department, they will never, ever, ever be fresh and modern in any sense of the word.

How about they reduce the stupid amount they charge for getting a new heavy vehicle endorsement licence printed, or reduce the rego fee by $2 per person, instead of making us sponsor this waste of time, money and paper?

The new logo is shit anyway.

Haha seems to be the done thing in this state, it's just like the ridiculous amount of money they spent on that Melb city logo. Not only did that logo look crappy to begin with but print it in a black and white paper and it looses it's depth and angles.

I'd just love for them to ask me to design such things, I might come up with anything better but geez for the price they pay I'm happy to design crap.

The bread company I used to work for paid $5 mill to change the logo on the bread packaging back in 2004 because they reckoned the customers couldn't distinguish it well enough from the rivals bread. Less than 3 years down the track they redesigned it again to make it look similar to the rival in the hope the customers would pick it up by mistake.

Now we know why Vic Roads are changing all those road rules next week, it's not for road safety or to bring us in line with other states it's to confuse people so they can book them and use the money to pay for their new logo. It's probably too much to ask them to put some of their money into training their staff in customer service too.

It's probably too much to ask them to put some of their money into training their staff in customer service too.

That'd be nice. That way every time I ask them a question, they wouldn't have to go "Ummmmmmm...", scratch their head, put me on hold/make me wait, while they find a supervisor, the supervisor isn't sure, so then they have to work their way up the chain of command to find an answer...

I heard/read something the other day about Vic roads no longer allowing Licence renewals over the counter too. Something about going in for you photo then they send you everything because the staff can't possibly have you wait the five mins in the branch while the license is printed.

And add a zero to the waiting time. Pretty sure no-one has ever waited 5 minutes in a Vicroads office.

Five minutes is how long the wait should be if you only waited for the task to be completed actual waiting time is a different calculation.

It's along the lines of the time the task takes to complete the task multiplied by the staff members IQ which because it's usually negative creates a negative number so it has to again be multiplied by a negative number to get a positive outcome, (the only positive outcome when dealing with VR). This second negative number is usually the staff members care factor. If the result comes out less than 30 then the staff member must add their age and shoe size as well.

Think yourself lucky they have calculators or we'd never get out of the place.

this reminds me of my school...

they're scrapping the old logo on the uniforms meaning every parents has to buy all brand new clothing for their children just to get the new stupid looking logo on it.

my mates mum just bought his sister uniform clothes for around a 1000 (all new) that are to last a few years, but now they need all new uniforms to comply with the new logo!

Well I hope they didn't let the country down by designing their own logo. For the job to be done right they must outsource to an international company who charges atleast a few million dollars, because otherwise the logo is just crap.

Latest posts

Back