Launceston Tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
So Iv noticed there has been no action on the tassie page for a while!

I will be back in tassie when im home from work in mid march and will be looking to test some new mods on the Nav, but Im getting a bit board of hollybank! Were are some other hidden secrets around Launceston that I can go for a play in?
Cheers!!!!

Hi mate jump on the tassie4wd website someone should point you in the right direction I've only done the southern and westcoast tracks. cheers

Sorry I can't help much with info about launny but might be worth getting on tassy4wd.com if your not already.

Yea im already on there, they got some good info on there!
Im trying to find some info on some tracks off to the side of the bass hwy just out of launnie heading up to dev next to a river where the road goes from two lanes to one, looks like a good little play spot but not sure how to/ if i can access it or if its privert land!

hey there r a few around launy
ye old hollybanks getting pritty rutted out. i was hatting it last time i went BAG!!! ****! BAG! BAG! ****!

there r a few others around tho.
ben lomond has some track of the side of the road as u turn off to head on the mountain.
near beconsfield there some tracks called asperous ranges. if u go through beconsfield the turn left after the petrol station and then head down that road for prob a k then there is bush on ur left and there a couple of tracks on the side of the road u can go to or there is a sharp right hand corner on the road and on the corner there is a gravel road off the left hand side its sorta like a privite drive way. but u head down there and there tracks a over the place if u get in there deep.

there is a place called cluan out the back of westbury i can sorta just remeber how to get there think you turn left and the pertol staion and then head down there for about 10k and there there is a little bridge you get to just before that there a gravel road off to the left its down there. i havent been 4wding out there but i no a few ppl who have, i went riding out there yrs ago. just type in on google.

ive heard there is some tracks near mount direction but im not sure where tho.

there is bridport - bellingham sand dunes r pritty good.

but other than that i cant think of anything that closer than that to launy.

Yea I bent my crossmember for the transfure case/gear box at hollybank, the reason I now have full protection I mite try to find some stuff around westbury, looks like there nite be some around the river there! Alot of privert land tho so have to google maps it and see what I find!
Done the bridport-bellingham a few times, its always good! I went for a look at mt direction but didnt find any way in, I can see some what looks to be tracks from the freeway but gotta find em first! I think im going to have to spend one of my many boring nites stuck on this floating prision I work on searching for tracks on google earth!!!
Cheers for your reply!
Hope to see ya ion the tracks one day soon!

If you head out the back of westbury or deloraine there is brushy lagoon area. You can take the back roads to devonport this way too, we had some fun playing there last winter. Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken off my phone.

524270_3825953531331_753323553_n_zpse41e99f3.jpg

578686_3825951731286_114944418_n_zps9d6e26ef.jpg

Hi all im fairly new to Tassie and to this site and also live in Launceston. Firstly where are the tracks at Hollybank?
I took the wife and kids to Brushy lagoon two weeks ago as it was listed in the 4wd tracks in Tasmania book by chris boden. Its listed as easy except for 2.6km as medium and Hard when wet(as youcan see from Pics above).
Having a stock height/susp navara i figured it would be ok as hadnt rained for a while, obviously had abit more rain than i though, but with some careful line picking made it through no worries. Would be great fun with some underbody protection and a bit more height than standard,after some rain.
Its just a gravel road till you get to the southern end of the lagoon, then as you head round the western side the fun begins.
just looked it up on google maps and came up as Brushy Rivulet.
Cheers Adam

im heading to brushy's on anzac day. never been there b4. did urs bottom out much?
the easiest way to find hollybank would be type hollybank tree tops in google and insted of going there u just keep going straight and u'll get into the bush. it can get pritty ruff depending on wat tracks you take in there. its only about a 15min drive out of town

Hi i had to pick my lines carefully as there is a few rocks here and there, as i said i dont have any underbody protction (yet) so was a little cautious. When you get to the end you can just turn around and go back!!!
So do you go into hollybank and down past the tree tops building? Or not turn into the hollybank entrance(left) and go down that road, off the main road?
Cheers

Post some pics for us please. I'd like to get out there before winter sets in too.

Hi i had to pick my lines carefully as there is a few rocks here and there, as i said i dont have any underbody protction (yet) so was a little cautious. When you get to the end you can just turn around and go back!!!
So do you go into hollybank and down past the tree tops building? Or not turn into the hollybank entrance(left) and go down that road, off the main road?
Cheers

ye ill just take it easy. im pritty keen on going tomorrow havnt been out bush in ages.
be interesting to see how i go only got A/T tyres that r about half worn. ill just let me tyres down and hope for the best. dont recon illl have any problem getting out both cars im going with have 33s
il get some pics for sure
if u go along lillydale road and u get to the hollybank road on the right u turn down that dont turn left into the tree tops just keen going straight down the road and ull start to get to bush

Man i wish i saw this post yesteday! Iv been haning to do bushys but havent had a working winch for a bit and dont have anyone else to go with, so the just in case situation made me shy away from anything to big (tassies burnt me before!)
How was it out there? Would be keen to see what the tracks like as im about to head out there in a week or so myself once i wire in the new winch!

I'm about to start 4 weeks of leave - we're heading down south in the caravan for a week or so for starters, but will be heading up north of the state I reckon in the last couple of weeks.

If anyone is doing any trips around mid-May, I'm keen to head out.

Man i wish i saw this post yesteday! Iv been haning to do bushys but havent had a working winch for a bit and dont have anyone else to go with, so the just in case situation made me shy away from anything to big (tassies burnt me before!)
How was it out there? Would be keen to see what the tracks like as im about to head out there in a week or so myself once i wire in the new winch!

well all and all it was a good day. i lot of big ruts that i couldnt get through with me stock hight and stock tyres. spent alot of it getting pulled through by other ppl with big 33s. mine spent alot of the time on its diff haha.
i recon u should do a bit beta than i did coz u have a lift and bigger tyres. theres heaps of track u can do while ur out there.
mine took on a little bit of water on the left side but thats ok. ill spend the hole day today clean the thing.
the people i went with was everone had 33s and big jacked up things. i felt a bit embarissing but i think they where pritty empressed on how it went tho.
i'll try and get a pic up soon

I'll be heading back home for good end of June so if there are any trips planned for July onwards I'll be keen. Have got my 32" muddies on these days, still havent lifted it yet though :(

Are you north or south rexxie? I work on ships so i get chuncks of time at home with not alot to do and all my friends have left tassie now, gone back to were they came from but iv got my better half now who lives hear so im hear with no one to 4wd with :-(

Will be moving back to Launnie albatross :) Will have to organise something once I'm back for sure, my sister and bro inlaw are always up for a 4wd too in their triton.

Latest posts

Back