Around Christmas time drink's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone keen to catch and put some faces to names somewhere around Newcastle or Maitland ?

I ain't going to any night clubs so please no one mention one.

Dave.

Hi Dave .. i would be interested depending on dates :) be great to put faces to names and trucks :)

Last edited:
Date doesn't bother me, say a sunday arvo.

Mate your willing to drive pretty far. Central Coast is on the cards to if it suits more people.

Give the distance your happy to travel and we will try and work out the middle.

Dave.

We could always have a camp-over at a nice free camping place that is within easy walking distance of a pub - say, McNamara Park at Broke. We're good for 19/20 Dec, can't do anything the weekend before. On 25th, we're heading south for our big trip.

Of course, just an afternoon is good too.

I am easy, Tony I know the park you mean at Broke.

Phone coverage is pretty average there but I have access to a landline if need be.

You up that way much ?

Dave.

If the nav is rolling ill be keen. otherwise ill be working on the nav. Anywhere suits me.

Actually we were there today (had lunch in the pub, we were exploring the villages along the Putty road for a nice place to lunch and found NONE). The cook's pretty average on the schnitzel, but the caesar salad is wickedly good.

We'll be there this weekend with the van and all for the Nav's first tow. I need to make a couple of runs between now and when we leave on 25th Dec so that I can get everything settled. One of the things I'll be looking at is the caravan's suspension - I've just put some silicone lube into the leaf springs to help them slide easier, hoping to soften the ride a little (the caravan's great for martini making, not so good for vintage wine storage). Pretty much everything else is ready to go.

Hey Dave . . the distance doesnt bother me .. i just drove from canberra to brisbane and then brisbane to canberra in 1 day each way .. im sure around newcastle / maitland etc etc .. is no worries lol

We need to decide on a date I think, and just name the venue. The pub at Broke is not big but there's plenty of space to park and they've got a well-used diesel bowser. There's a pub at Bulga (Putty Road - it's a wicked drive for people coming up from the south).

There's also Wollombi Pub - home of Dr Jurd's Jungle Juice. Maybe shouldn't have too much of that stuff, it's potent.

I think "easier" from a Sydney/Canberra point might help though. Gosford? Know any nice places there?

I'm not a big pub-goer myself. Time's ticking away! Who knows, it could become an annual thing. Maybe we ought to consider a small town for the red-hatted invasion!

Oh, I do believe the white-trimmed red hat should be mandatory.

Latest posts

Back