BFG at 285 75 16 Fitted!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbzerk

Reaction score
Hey all!
Finally got around to installing my 2 inch Toughdog lift and 2 inch body lift. With BFG 33s. TINY rubbing on full hard lock..More than happy with the result and drives way better than stock setup!

549422_10151280966606619_437017326_n.jpg

542761_10151280954881619_1480581270_n.jpg

63217_10151280957356619_889268360_n.jpg

269124_10151280961756619_1283998923_n.jpg

Good photos mate job well done,the standard rims look good sounds like your pleased that's the main thing black painted rims look like shit why do they do it?

Agreed. When i fitted 285's i stuck with my factory STX wheels in silver, black painted factory wheels look tacky as. Go the 285's!! Ute looks good mate!

2 inch suspension lift plus 2 inch body lift... The front sits level with the back because im not running a bullbar, just the nudge bar that weighs stuff all..

Yeah, I thought it was illegal in Vic?

My understanding is that if they are signed off/engineered (what ever that means) and you can provide the certificate to Vic Roads and your insurer then you are sweet. Otherwise they are a no-go.

For that matter 33's are illegal (on Navara's) in Victoria as well as they are greater than 50 mm larger in diameter over the stock tyre size.

Last edited:
The 40 looks great, nice pics.

It's only a problem if you get caught ;-)

Not worried about getting caught - if I were worried about that I wouldn't even leave my house...

I would be more concerned about being unroadworthy in the event of an accident. I know enough about the rules to be dangerous and wouldn't want to be in a situation where I could be entirely liable, even though I might not have been at fault, just because my car was unroadworthy. You never know what the other asshole who crashed into you is going to do - after all, HE JUST CRASHED INTO YOU... :burnout:

Never give anybody any reason to doubt you and cover your ass.

And yes rules do differ from state to state... however most of the questions were coming from us Mexicans as old mate with the body lift is one of us! I would love to get an engineered body lift - just wanted to know where he got it from... :)

Last edited:
I live in an area with a nazi team of TMU, i run 33's and they have pulled me up for random breathos, looked over my car and no problems at all. They even looked at my muffler delete pipe, but it dumps just before the rear axles so they didn't care.

I may get done one day by a TMU officer, but so far so good.

Latest posts

Back