Questions about a 92 quad cab 4x4 D21 with TD27T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datsuntech

Reaction score
I am considering buying a 92 quad cab 4x4 with the TD27T. What I am wondering is what I can tow with it? I live in the Canadian Prairies so this is mostly flat ground. The biggest hill around here is probably no more than a 500ft elevation change.
I have a single axle travel trailer that weighs around 1500lbs loaded and a dual axle car hauler rated for 7000lbs.
I have pulled both with a 96 king cab, VG30E powered 4x4 with 31" tires, but the travel trailer would only let me do around 90-95KPH on the highway, even less with a headwind.

What I'm wondering is, does the TD27T have the power to pull a parachute like travel trailer on the highway at least as fast as the VG30?

Thanks,
Brock

Sounds like a rare car for Canada, nice find.

You should be able to tow your 1500lb bluff body at 100 with both the VG30E and TD27T... Was your VG30E tired?

The 7000lb car trailer is a different story... TD27T will get it to 100 eventually, but at the first sight of a hill, will be down to 70.

As far as I can tell it was the only one for sale in all of Canada. Although I could ship one in from Japan....always nice when someone else does the work.
Truthfully, the VG30E truck wasn't mine so I was being nice to it. trying not to rev it too high or hammer on it, so if I pushed it it would keep 100, but just barely in 5th. If I shifted down it would be fine, but was reving over 3000 rpm, and again not my truck.
I'm cool with it being slow, as I have to drive a couple of hours to hit a hill anyway. I mostly just haul my Datsuns around anyway so prob only towing under 5000lbs with car and trailer. I find the biggest issue is wind resistance as the wind is always blowing in the prairies. :)

Thanks,
Brock

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the truck. Now we'll see if I live to regret it. :)
I have my work cut out for me as there have been a few previous owners "handywork" I will need to correct, but all in all a decent truck.

Here are a few dirty pics. (not that kind!)

Attachments

• DSCI0001.jpg
    DSCI0001.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCI0015.jpg
    DSCI0015.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back