Anyone installed their own Snorkel?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjurey

Reaction score
Gday Guys,
In an effort to try and save a few doll hairs in installing a snorkel for my D22 St-R (2004), I'm considering purchasing one supply only....I've had a quote from Nissan for an Air-tec branded snorkel supplied and installed for $660. I can get one myself for close to $400. Any ideas?? also how does the Air-tec compare to other brands, e.g. Safari

I haven't done one. I don't want to.

I'd happily pay them to do it. They have to warrant it completely, then. Which means if I think it's not sitting right, they have to fix it.

And given the event in this thread, if I did the same and my snorkel leaked, I'd be able to go back to Nissan and get them to foot the entire bill for the repair. If I had mounted my snorkel myself, then I am the one responsible.

I should thank you now - I'm going to go and take a good hard look at my snorkel and make sure they mounted it satisfactorily.

I bought mine from Nizzbits for about $230 from memory, genuine new Nissan one. Having TJM install it for $170. Was going to do it myself, but It was going to cost $100 just for the holesaw! Plus about 1/2 a day, can't be bothered. Contact Nizzbits for good pricing on the snorkel. Not sure from an engineering point of view the Nissan/Airtec snorkel compares to the other brands, but I reckon they look the best. May not be worth much, but the TJM guy said they are a high quality unit, hence why Nissan uses them.

Last edited:
Hi Bjurey,

I fitted mine myself and I enjoyed doing it. If you enjoy this sort of thing, then do it yourself, but it would be probably cheaper to have someone else do it for you if you don't enjoy tinkering.

Cheers,

DJ

I think the genuine nissan ones look best, but at the end of the day it is just a snorkel and they all do the same job, if i had a choice again id get a custom stainless steel one made, i think they look tuff and it would suit my car being black n silver.
Also as simonk8 said, if you dont have the tools then your better of getting someone else to fit it as the tools needed are not cheap.

Latest posts

Back