body lift bolt sizes need confirming

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannnick

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a body lift off a mate but the bolts are wrong so i need to get some new ones, now i know what the cab bolts are M12 1.25 x 160mm class 8.8 but what on earth are the rear tub ones M10 1.25 x 100mm class 8.8?

Any info would be good guys

cheers

well i measured the bolts and they seem to be a m10 for the body and m8 for the tub hmm

tub is standerd m10/12 depending on what fits
cab is where you will have issues, thread pitch is not standard.

I just brought longer grade 8.8 bolts in a course thread, cut that off and re-cut them with a fine thread. If you cant do it yourself any machine shop should do it pretty cheap.

zordo has bolt kits for sale mate. I hit him up the other week as i plan to do a body lift soon and im having trouble getting the right bolts. Cant remember prices sorry.

why whats wrong with it now? haha

It's your D40 & you can do what you want. I can only offer advice

The bolts are not plated so they will rust.
The Blocks appear to be about 50mm dia so you may damage the floor as there is less support.
50mm blocks may not get approved as they are smaller than factory mounts
D40 blocks should be 60mm & 75mm dia.

Your decision
Cheers

Last edited:
I have got to say mannick, I have used Zordos body lift kits twice now in the couple of D40's I have owned. Worth every cent. All bolts are perfect, blocks are all the correct sizes, and the instructions make it such a simple DYI kit. The instructions made it just so much easier

I have fitted both kits in my driveway with basic jacks and tools. Having the right kit for the job definitely made it easier.

As Zordo said mate it is totally up to you, but with such a nice ute like yours I would go the extra step and get a bit better kit..I have my body lift fully engineered and transport approved here in tas, and before fitted he kit they had to inspect the products I was using. They gave the Zordo kit the full tick of approval straight away. The said as the bolts were plated, the blocks were the same size as the mounts and they were made of a fully solid construction they approved it straightaway with no issues.

Just my view matey, but whatever you decided I am looking forward to seeing your next mods

Cheers
Murf

ok you have won me over lol

ill purchase a zordo kit once i get back haha

Cheers boys!

Latest posts

Back