Lo-lux = Lo-IQ

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Walking down the street this morning I got passed by about 10 of these lo-lux wankers cruising down the highway in their 2wd hilux's that have been lowered so far that a snail would become a speed hump.

Traveling two abreast on the highway they were accelerator brake accelerator brake all the way swerving in their lanes, holding up the traffic behind them and generally making themselves look like fools. Add to this they were blasting on air horns that sounds like they had a fart whistles stuck in them.

When they stopped at the traffic lights those that had passengers got out of the cars, black singlets, tight jeans and hair greased better than their engines, and started dancing and waving at other drivers to cheer and honk their horns (the response seemed to be closer to laughter) before climbing back in, one guy smashed his head on the roof guess he forgot he was 3 foot taller than the car roof, and driving off horns blaring through the middle of town.

Of course there is never a cop around when you need one but having seen these idiots I've never been more glad to not have Toyota badges on my car.

Ill second the comments, I appreciate the effort gone into the things.

But it has me stuffed how they can engineered with the airbags that lets them sit a few mm's off the road.

Dave.

Ill second the comments, I appreciate the effort gone into the things.

But it has me stuffed how they can engineered with the airbags that lets them sit a few mm's off the road.

Dave.

What gets me is why you'd want such a ride, I can understand on the autobahns of Germany and stuff where the roads are actually smooth but the roads in this state are full of bitumen patches and pot holes. One must get a very sore arse hitting a pot hole with such a small amount of ride in the suspension.

Dave I can only imagine the setup as submitted to the engineer has a temporary bumpstop which they remove once approved, otherwise there must be a benevolent engineer somewhere in each state.

Mini-truckers and lowriders are like 4x4ers, there are lots of morons in both communities. For mine lowriders contribute a lot to D21 modification and are very passionate car lovers. Some are artists and some are idiots though, it's a fine line. Sounds like you got a gutful of the annoying ones which is a real shame. I agree with your toyota badge comment!

Sounds like you got a gutful of the annoying ones which is a real shame. I agree with your toyota badge comment!

Yeah I was probably unfairly lumping all low riders in the same idiot pool, the idiot pool is full enough without dumping them all in there. We've had out fair share of guys running with low street cars but this is a first for a whole bunch of bumper dragging utes in the main drag.

I think the other thing that made these guys look like idiots was not one of them had a decent paint job, they were all one colour (unlike some people :happy_smile: ) but they all looked like under coat splashed on with a straw broom.

Remember when the Rav4 V6 and the Aurion V6 were melting piston's.

Didn't see to many threads on Toyota monthly did we.

Dave.

Remember when the Rav4 V6 and the Aurion V6 were melting piston's.

Didn't see to many threads on Toyota monthly did we.

Dave.

Same thing happening again with Commodores and flat batteries and Ford and their bad ball joints. It guess it happens to all companies at some stage but the deathly silence from the manufacture when it does happen is annoying

Nothing like recalling over 4 million Toyota's/Lexii because the accelerator can become jammed flat to the floor.

Floor mat problem or electronic accelerator, doesn't really matter.

Nissan are currently doing a recall on X-trails's, Murano's and Maxima's, I doubt there is 4 million of them here to recall but I suppose it shows they all have to do it.

There's also a current (well this year) recall on D40's

Where can I find out more information in relation to this? -- don't worry, found it using Nissan's site map. They don't make it obvious! Click here to see Nissan's website for all product safety recall notices.

For those interested, the PDF download from Nissan's website states this as the problem:

Description of Problem
A concern has been detected relating to the rear combination lamp assembly fitted to these
vehicles which may have been assembled with tail lamp lenses that do not contain a reflector.

Last edited:
You could always just try this site first for any product then chase down only those applicable

Home

There has actually been a number of recalls on the D40 over the years but thats nothing to be too worried about.

Nissan are currently doing a recall on X-trails's, Murano's and Maxima's, I doubt there is 4 million of them here to recall but I suppose it shows they all have to do it.

What have they (X-Trail, Murano, Maxima) been recalled for? I only see the D40 & Tiida like Old Tony.

Last edited:
Nissan

Shows them all for the last few years.

I actually saw the dualis and x trail thing on the news a few weeks back

Latest posts

Back