My new D22 STR D/Cab...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrnavara

Reaction score
Steve's new D22 STR D/Cab...

Hey all well I have just joined the ranks of the Nissan brigade, I currently own a modified 1986 s/cab hilux that is know around the traps as the "Gremlin"...SJChilux on other forums.... but was looking around for a comfy daily driver to mod up a bit......looked at Triton /Hilux and then.....

Anyway bought my self a D22 Navara 3.0ltr STR D/cab...its a late 04 plated one owner in imaculate condition, looks like its a rare colour, she all RED.... ????? Always liked the look of these trucks !!!!!
So as you all know comes with all the usual options, came with a colour coded canopy. Factory chrome bull bar etc etc...

So what have I got planned for it..well these are the mods starting with a modded exhaust.

free flow with just a small resonatoor, get rid of the drum barrel under there.

Bash plates fior the tranny/trans.

New Muddies in either BFG/MTZ's most likelky same size.

Taking Canopy off and putting a hard cover on..just like that look, keep canopy for the odd touring...

getting a chrome roll bar STr type original from a mate...

UHF

Spoties

oh yea and a 2 inch lift...still unsure here as to the type/setup !!!!

Locka in front leave the renowned LSD in the rear.

New ater guage and Pyro guage, for better engine overseeing...very impotant with a 3.0.. I might cut up the bonnet and put in some air vents and a bonnet scoop such as found on the Patrols to get some fresh air in the engine bay.

so thats the plan to have a capable truck but a nice comfy tourer that looks a little different !!!!

will post pics very soon

cheers guys and there are some awesome trucks in here with great info....

:santaclaus:

Last edited:
Welcome Steve. Thats a long ( and expensive) list you got there!

Congrats on buying a Navara only one problem; you bought the wrong model! :big_smile:

BH

Thanks guys,,,yea I like this one...haha, like the comment about the d40 and I bought the wrong one...nope ! was looking at one opf them in but prefer the d22 looks ..each to there own hey !!!:big_smile:

There is a good 'Garage' section in your User CP here Steve, have a look when you get a chance.

001-20.jpg

This is when i took delivery of it last friday...check the number plate 433MRN (My Red Navara) hahaha..

not a very clear pic but will post some more up soon !!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums mate, nice looking truck you got, yours will probably be the 5th red d22 i have ever seen so indeed its a rare colour, you cant get a locker for the front if its the diesel model unless you do some mods and fit in the v6 diff.

Cheers.

Welcome mate, 4wdsystems in SA make a Locka for the front diff the R180A.

I have Josh's old V6 diff in the shed awaiting to go into mine when I get time.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave.

G'day Steve, good to see you made it over here:big_smile:
Mate, the Nav looks a lot brighter in the flesh then what pic's do.
Nice buy mate.

G'day Steve, good to see you made it over here:big_smile:
Mate, the Nav looks a lot brighter in the flesh then what pic's do.
Nice buy mate.

Hey dave hows it going...The beacon sure did a top job at Ormeau gold Coast on the weekend !!!!!

Thanks guys...yea im rapt with it. Ok so being a 3.0 T/D means im unable to just install a loka type diff lock unless I get a V6 diff/centre ???

Yes the red is indeed a rare colour, but I love it, got some cibe spotties for it and a UHF radio to go in soon thanks to Deadly.... :santaclaus:

Hey dave hows it going...The beacon sure did a top job at Ormeau gold Coast on the weekend !!!!!

Thanks guys...yea im rapt with it. Ok so being a 3.0 T/D means im unable to just install a loka type diff lock unless I get a V6 diff/centre ???

Yes the red is indeed a rare colour, but I love it, got some cibe spotties for it and a UHF radio to go in soon thanks to Deadly.... :santaclaus:
Mate, The Beacon did me proud, and suprised others.:victory:
When's the lights and UHF go in???

when I get some time...very busy this week leading up to christmas... I have hols between 24th to 2nd Jan...so yea goin to do some mods on the (Firetruck) Nav !!!!!

cheers:santaclaus:

The R180A is what the diesels run, the Locka is designed for this diff.

The V6 (R200A) diff has a airlocker available for where as the R180A does not.

Dave.

The R180A is what the diesels run, the Locka is designed for this diff.

The V6 (R200A) diff has a airlocker available for where as the R180A does not.

Dave.

Thnaks for the info..very new to this navara thing...

cheers

Heys guys... I have bought a after market water guage, to monitor the engine better..

I have a question where on earth is the water sender unit on th zd30 ???? can anyone help

cheers

Latest posts

Back