Baby seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
Did someone say baby?
Just wanting to know if anyone has fit 3 baby seats in the rear, and if they have how so?
All the baby/toddler seats on the market these days are huge and now the law requires that your child remain in one till they are 7 years old.

Haha another one on the way hey mate? We are looking down the barrell of number 4 soon so I feel your pain.

I guess have a look for the smallest booster seat you can get for the eldest. Sorry I'm not too much help to you.

We bought a Zuzu Apollo convertible seat from BigW.

Fits in the middle, and an adult can sit on either side. There's plenty of room.

That seat won't last them until they're 7 years old, even if we limit the amount of Maccas they get.

We can always get something like the Voyager Expander Booster (see further down the page) later on.

For the moment, the lil' guy is just 7kg and is just breaking his first tooth. It'll be a while before he's scoffing down Big Macs.

Babysitter?
In Laws?
Neighbours?
Backyard with the dogs?

Your overlooking the obvious places to leave the kids rather than take them with you.

Only got the 2 in mine (1 baby & 1 booster) and thats bad enough.......have seen another Nav D22 in Geelong with the 3 booster (not baby) seats in the back and that was cramped.....not sure how you will go with 3 depending on what they are I guess ?? Good luck.

Cheers guys, havnt got a third on the way yet but hopefully plan to have one next year, booster seats are now illegal as far as im aware since this law has come in.
Hmmmm leaving kids with in laws............ummm i know the pain of that so probably not, well there cool in laws but i want my kids to experience the outdoors as much as i do the only time the misses or kids dont go with me is when its a dedicated 4wd outing, cos nasty things can happen.

i believe baby seats must use a lap/sash belt not just lap? boosters i guess van use lap only? anyone know

Last edited:
I think that's right, and the Zuzu seat uses a lap/sash belt in either orientation, plus it has the retaining strap for the rearward facing position that clips onto the safety seat mount behind the rear seat. I don't know about the others, but I'd imagine that they would too.

Got my third on the way in May so im looking at an 80 series cruiser, but keeping the D22 for work and play

Just wondering if anyone has found a baby seat that fits in the back of the D22 in the rearward facing setup. Bit of a tight fit there. Whats everyone used/using?

Our Safe n Sound convertiable fitted with the passenger seat forward a bit. It was a tight fit, luckly they don't stay reversed forever. We drive the wifes car around town mostly. Mine is only used for camping and other special occasions, Saves me pulling all the tools out of the back anyway.

edit: I should add you can get compact seats designed for small cars, which still are very safe just designed with size in mind.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back