My D40 ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIR35

Reaction score
Hi fellow members!

I have just joined this forum, thought I would introduce myself to all of you. My name is Toby, I bought my D40 new around 18 months ago from Westpoint nissan in Brisbane. I am an electrician by trade, however have been working as a project manager for about 2 years now. I bought the Navara after owning a trayback Rodeo for about 3 years, which was set up for work. I didn't require a "work ute" anymore, so decided to trade up to something a little more comfortable and stylish. Aside from a few minor issues with the Navara, on the whole I have been very happy with it and in my opinion, is probably the best vehicle in the range in terms of value for money, performance, aesthetics, features and quality.

My particular vehicle is a 2008 plate D40 ST-X V6 auto RWD. I am kicking myself for not spending the extra money to get the extra diff now! Nevertheless, I am VERY impressed with the on-road performance of the v6 auto, in a straight line it can keep up with, and even beat some late model V6 sedans quite easily - 0-100 in under 9 seconds. Fuel consumption is pretty shocking (80L tank gets around 400km around the city and about 600km on the highway cruise), but for a 1900kg vehicle with such good performance, I guess it is to be expected. Here are a few pictures of it....

Attachments

• 06062009062.jpg
    06062009062.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 25,724
  • 06062009065.jpg
    06062009065.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 06062009064.jpg
    06062009064.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 167
Hi Toby,

welcome to the forum. Nice looking Nav. Yeah the fuel isn't a problem, when you look over your shoulder and all the guys are drooling in awe cause they have bought something else, makes it all worth it....

enjoy!

Hi Toby,

welcome to the forum. Nice looking Nav. Yeah the fuel isn't a problem, when you look over your shoulder and all the guys are drooling in awe cause they have bought something else, makes it all worth it....

enjoy!

It's also satisfying when you blow off some boy racer off the lights too.... I guess they believe the stereo type of a big slow SUV. Not so

It's also satisfying when you blow off some boy racer off the lights too.... I guess they believe the stereo type of a big slow SUV. Not so

My choice of words there was not the best....ha....I meant beat some boy....ah fuck it, you know what I mean!

hehe i do the same thing however to the other 4wd especially the glxr gawd they annoy me with their cinderalla pumpkin carrages. once floggin them i want them to know "OMG i should have bought a D40"

Latest posts

Back