Whats with all that sand .?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirstychippy

Reaction score
Just got back from working up at teewah,and the blokes on the job wanted to have a look under the bonnet, l lefted it too find half the beach all over the motor,l drove up at high tide ,but never thought this would happen...........not happy with the D40 .

I think I'd take the car back to the dealer and ask for them to properly apply the sand repellant. Bloody shonky work if you ask me!

Seriously, if there's lots of sand there, maybe one of the inner guards is not in the correct place and is allowing sand from the tyres to be thrown into the engine bay. Unless you were smacking the nose into the sand and digging it up, I can't imagine any other way for the sand to get in there.

I'd give the front end a good clean, paying particular attention to the radiator, intercooler (if fitted) and air conditioning condensor.

Edit to add: If you were a little rough on the sand, I'd also cast an eye over the CV boots, make sure nothing gets caught in there and starts chewing away at them. Also check the boots on the steering linkages.

Last edited:
Tony lve been driving up there for the last 3 months at high tide and low tide in power sand with my 98 disco, but this was the first time with the nav,so l was abit shocked.

Holy crap, 20mm deep is extreme, sorry mate, I can see why you were dissapointed, I only get a bit sprayed around in there. I have underbody guards though, maybe that makes the difference?

Latest posts

Back