My New Grille

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashum1

Reaction score
just wanted to show ya all a pic of my new grille i made.

wanted something different, those billet ebay grilles look ok but i see so many of them so i got creative.

i used a a truck exhaust shroud but unfortunatley had to do most of the cutting with a 4" grinder with a 1mm cutting wheel. did the fine tuning with a 2" die grinder cutting wheel. pieced it in behind the chrome facia but the clips wouldn't hold it together, sikaflex to the rescue.

hope ya's like it and it inspires others to have a go.

cheers, phil.

Attachments

• Photo0022.jpg
    Photo0022.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 540
I reckon it looks ok.
I wouldn't mind doing something to fill the gaping hole above the number plate on mine.
It's asking for trouble i think.Some sort of mesh painted black i think.
Wouldn't like to get a large stone flicked up into there.

you can buy the full kits on ebay that have upper and lower grill inserts. I think they look pretty good but so many people have them now they begin to look a bit cheap. I think the stock grille looks good so I'm happy to keep it going for now. what would look really neat would be to get Suzuki Equator front panels and fix them to the navara. Should be a straight swap....

Attachments

• suzuki equator.jpg
    suzuki equator.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 682
Reminds me of a 2003 Subaru Forester from that angle.
What's with all these lookalike grills from other manufacturers for the Navara? IMO, if you want the look of a Suzuki, Dodge, Jeep, whatever - then get that particular car! The Navara is a Nissan, so keep it looking like a Nissan!

The Suzuki is actually a Suzuki. Well it's a rebadged Navara, but it's sold by Suzuki. And as for the other aftermarket grilles, I don't think they really attempt to look like another brand of car, they simply an aftermarket dress-up item... I have seen a Hummer look-alike grille for the Navara though, it looked AWFUL. Personally, I think the stock Nissan grille looks quite good and I don't feel compelled to change it, but some people have done and will always want their cars to look different to every other car on the road.

thanks guys, i like it. been pretty hot in brissie lately and it hasn't been phased, even stuck in traffic. fair bit of drivin over the next few days should test it out.

white wall ute?

i really hope you don't mean great wall, that'd be really hurtfull, especially considering i've put more effort into my grille alone than they have done peicing together all their shitboxes from all the left overs they could get.

Yeah sorry mate, Great Wall is what I meant....

Last edited:
i really hope you don't mean great wall, that'd be really hurtfull, especially considering i've put more effort into my grille alone than they have done peicing together all their shitboxes from all the left overs they could get.

I feel you're pain, if anyone compared something I made to a GW ute I'd be quite upset. It's not the sort of thing I really want but if it's what you want thats all that matters and there is nothing quite like a bit of home made to make your ute different to everyone elses.

Hey mate good on you.. Looks good I too wanted something different so I found one on the net as u can see in my pics.. I like the honey
combe style but it's rare to find.. Great effort mate but it does look A little restrictive.. Anyway good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back