Quick drive through Kinglake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
I was a bit bored sitting at home today so me and a mate decided to drive down to kinglake and surrounding areas to check out the progress of how things are moving along, we didnt want to go off the tar roads but we went into a pine plantation area were we used to camp and enjoy a few cold ones, just to see how it was.

This is how the area looked a bit over 3 years ago.

And this is how we saw it today.

Almost a year later and its still very black and depressing.

Just came home from a drive around Mirboo, Calignee area, just as bad down there too, but not mentioned as much on T.V. Plenty of forest not regrown, and lots of new houses getting rebuilt.

We also went past Toolangi state forest, im not happy with the pipeline project, heaps n heaps of trees bulldozed down, tracks closed and a shit n sore site to look at. We barely found any entry points of getting into the forest from the side of where we usually used to go.

Just came home from a drive around Mirboo, Calignee area, just as bad down there too, but not mentioned as much on T.V. Plenty of forest not regrown, and lots of new houses getting rebuilt.

Myself and many many others have done alot of work in this area in the last 12 months and it's good too see so many people back. There's been some move on, and who can blame them really, but there is plenty who have stayed and rebuilt.

Even 2 months after the fires we started noticed some good re-growth in the areas, it's going to take a long time to get it back to what it once was but considering there is still a number of locals who can remember the fires of the late 30's and early 40's in the same area and can show you how much the area changed in the years after those it's not hard to see just how resilient our bush is.

We use a lot of the log tracks and dirt tracks south of Callignee and have done for many years and in some areas its like theres been a new lease on life.

Latest posts

Back