Rust in roof channels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a post to see if anyone has experience rust in the channels that run along the roof of the D40's.

I was loading something on the roof bars over the weekend and noticed rust is starting to appear in the corners of the channels. On both sides of the car. Surly a 4 year old car shouldn't start rusting. Especially when it spent it's first few yews in the dry Pilbara.

Not happy again Nissan.

I'm sure there is multiple threads on this and the windscreen rust on this forum.

I have a 2010 D40 and have had repairs done in the roof channels but last time the dealer service manager{a relative} said it was only the stikiflex and it was normal but am keeping an eye on it.

Yes Merchant
Just another example of Nissan QUALITY
The worst part is they don't want to do anything about it
In Europe they have a minimum of 6 years warranty on the body for rust and perforation.
Over here they get away with every thing they can because we let them and our GOVERNMENT bodies are too weak to pull them in to line.
Regards

what sort of roof racks do you have?
if they are the track style it may of been caused from the drill shavings and the rivets not being sealed correctly??

Latest posts

Back