Tow Balls Legality

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy_jay89

Reaction score
my mate got pulled over last night by the local pig patrol and was given a warning for having his tow ball in.....

is there a law about this thats similar to rocket launchers

Yeah this was spoken about a few months ago, not sure if it's a state by state law and don't remember the title of the thread but it's here somewhere.

only illegal if it obstructs the number plate in nsw
rocket launchers legal as long as they dont protrude past bullbar

I am guessing your mate was in Ipswich too. An Ipswich cop gave me a ticket in broad daylight for having a parker light not working. My lights were not even on when I got pulled up for the random breath test!!!!!!!!!!

I can recall something about having to take the tow ball off unless you are towing. But who knows QLD laws are so out dated that the new ones get ignored until they become outdated as well.

I've taken more notice of towballs since this thread started and can definitely see a lot of cars on the road that have towballs covering part of the number plate, makes sense to make that illegal but stupid to outlaw having them in unless towing.

doesn't bother me, my ute doesn't fit in the garage unless the tonuge is out, so mine is only fitted when I'm towing anyway

I leave the recovery point with d shackle on it in there. Also Ute doesnt fit in the garage with the tow ball on there... =)

Latest posts

Back