Camping in the back of the Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperST-R

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at my camping options after selling my hard floor camper which I cannot pack up by myself, so it's completely inpractical for me. My train of thought is along the lines of: fibreglass canopy, rear drawer system with built in water tank and auxillary power outlets, fridge slide etc, awning and Oztrail RV3 tent.

Now I'm also thinking for overnight camping I should be able to sleep in the back of my ute. I know the tub is long enough and I can have the drawer system built solidly with a steel frame or the like. I'm sure i'm not the first one to think along these lines.

Who else has camped out in the back of their Nav? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How short are you? The tub is not long enough! Its only 1.5m or close enough I think.

If you have anything else in the tray it would be rather uncomfortable.

Swag is one option! Or look into a tent cot. Dont have one myself but they seem awesome

There are tents made to fit in the back of utes.

11TDI_FROshop115.jpg

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyourn...T124C0/A79/Frontier/SV-CREW/Bed-Tent/Exterior

The back is still doable but your will need something to fold out the length of the tailgate to fully stretch out. Draws underneath and sleep on top, only bed/swag to roll out. That is if you can remove the back seats and put the fridge in there.

I'm a big fan of crashing out in tray. Use to do so in my old Rodeo dual cab and now do so in my King Cab Nav. with the use of a false floor, fridge and other more sensitive gear in the rear of the cab.

My other ute (commodore) has drawers/canopy, and i used to crash in the back, but it was a bit of a crawl in. It was survivable, but a pain in the ass to get changed if you got drenched. My previous ute and current one do not have drawers, so camping in the back is a much easier task.

I can't imagine she got herself pregnant - I reckon you started a new project together :)

Nah, I maintain I wasn't there at the time.....or drunk.....or asleep....or all of the above. Either way its not my fault :yeahright:

Hmm, yes as I said only at planning stages right now but I can see how it would be uncomfortable but still do able. Fridge would be going in the back of the cab planning on removing the backseat and building a platform for it to sit on. This idea will also require more research though and I don't know how to remove the seat yet either.

Latest posts

Back