#Melb# sun 17th Jan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
I'm bored
So I'm going to drive the missus to work tomorrow and steal the Nav for the day. Not sure where I'm going but hopefully somewhere low range.
If anyone else is free post up or call me 0408 378 708. Departing Doncaster 0630 and have to back there again by 1830

Damn if your weather down there is anything like it is two hours east of you I hope you took some wet weather gear and some mittens. the wind and rain here is ridiculous, never thought I'd miss all that 30+ weather we had in Perth for the last 3 weeks but I am today.

Damn if your weather down there is anything like it is two hours east of you I hope you took some wet weather gear and some mittens. the wind and rain here is ridiculous, never thought I'd miss all that 30+ weather we had in Perth for the last 3 weeks but I am today.

Nothing like that up here.

I saw the weather report for up that way when I stayed in Bendigo on Friday night and thought I was heading home to some relatively calm and cool weather down this side of town but low and behold it's turned to crap, 17 degrees rain and a scrawling wind mainly from the west. I suppose we need the rain, although not as much as other parts of the state, but I really don't need this weather, you can have it if you like.

Temp is 2.3 at Mt Buller,if it keeps dropping there might be a dusting of snow in the alps tonight.

Iv just come back from cobram and im sunburnt, also went for a swim too, it was that hot. I should say yesterday was hot, today was mild but nevertheless still went for a dip.

Temp is 2.3 at Mt Buller,if it keeps dropping there might be a dusting of snow in the alps tonight.

I was getting weather updates from home every night while I was crossing the Nullabor so I had some idea of what I was headed into and when I got the news that they might get snow on the alps this weekend after the weather we'd had in Perth I thought it must have been a joke, but with the crap we've had today I'm surely thinking its possible now.

Weather was really good all day only had one shower.
Wandered around Big river State forest. I had no map and absolutely no idea where I was going. Most of the day I had no idea where I was.
Saw some really great scenery - views from the ridges and the forest down in the gullies. Quite a bit of wildlife with wallabies, lyrebirds, rossellas, black cockatoos an echidna and even some trout.
The main road in from Cumberland Junction is a shocker. It is obviously built for high traffic in all weather and as such they have used railway ballast instead of gravel. Once past there though the tracks are in really good condition and well signposted including directions and distance from towns.
For the most part it was all 2wd and could have been done very easily in a family sedan with low range only used a handful of times. Still it was an enjoyable day out in the bush. Didn't see a soul out there either.

Pics
Jan2010085Largee-mailview.jpg

Jan2010092Largee-mailview.jpg

Jan2010094Largee-mailview.jpg

Poor Jake had a hard time trying to mark this one.
Jan2010095Largee-mailview.jpg

Last edited: