trb012's D22 STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Heys guys thought id post my rig up. These pics were taken the first time I took it 4bing with a few mates up cemetry track in wanden.Also there is one of it towing my other toy my datto 120y :big_smile:. Ill get some new pics up soon once the cooler install is finished hopefully this weekend.

Attachments

• nav1.jpg
    nav1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 27,510
  • nav2.jpg
    nav2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 186
  • nav3.jpg
    nav3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 200
The Nav looks like the one the coppers in Melb confiscated under hoon laws the other day for doing 100ks over the speed limit. Hope it wasn't you, although I'd be more inclined to think that it was a Toyota driver who stole a Nav.

Nah wasnt me mate no hooning in the nav lol. The surf has a 253 in it that pic was taken just after I snatched him over the last bit of cemetry track started overheating lol

Sorry to hijack your thread but speaking about hoons and nav's i heard on the radio yesterday a young bloke got busted in lipton dv thomastown doing burnouts in his nav by the cops.

Actually that might have been the one I saw and the WRX was the one doing the 100ks over. just goes to show not all nav drivers have brains

Nice pics mate, love thata broken toyota gives you time to take prn shots of the muddy Nav! haha. sweet datt too!

Mainly use the datto for sprints,hilclimb's ect but its fully rego'd and engineered so I drive it on the street abit as well has a z18 turbo making just on 160kw at the tyres at the moment :big_smile:. Finally got the cooler install finished over the weekend as well as fitting my driving lights. This weekend hopefully il have my snorkle fitted and that will be it for a while until the bank balance recovers lol. Here are some pics :big_smile:

Attachments

• nav8.jpg
    nav8.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 166
  • nav7.jpg
    nav7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 153
  • nav6.jpg
    nav6.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 147
  • nav5.jpg
    nav5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 140
  • nav4.jpg
    nav4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 146
I like the intercooler setup looking at doing something similar, what did you make the pipe work out of and size.
Regards cabhsv

I like the intercooler setup looking at doing something similar, what did you make the pipe work out of and size.
Regards cabhsv

Piping is 2-1/4 inch stainless steel I then had it powdercoated black to keep it looking factory. All up it owe's me about $500 for the cooler,piping,silicon hose,clamps ect but I did the pipe work myself with the help of a mate so if you had to pay someone labour it would be more.

Cheers for that I could do the pipe work myself also, did you have to take your bull bar off to do the job or just work from underneath.
Regards cabhsv

Looking good there

What brand intercooler have you put on your nav.
How have you found the power etc buy putting it on.
Im tossing up between all the different models / air-water, Air to Air top mount & front mount.
Just an observation the return pipe that runs in your wheel guard you wouldnt want to hit a sharp stone a pierce it.
Probably more at the rubber joiner.
Might pay to make a guard for it. Maybe a thick rubber hose over the hole thing.

I would be very interested in hearing your comments on the performance

Cheers

Looking good there

What brand intercooler have you put on your nav.
How have you found the power etc buy putting it on.
Im tossing up between all the different models / air-water, Air to Air top mount & front mount.
Just an observation the return pipe that runs in your wheel guard you wouldnt want to hit a sharp stone a pierce it.
Probably more at the rubber joiner.
Might pay to make a guard for it. Maybe a thick rubber hose over the hole thing.

I would be very interested in hearing your comments on the performance

Cheers

Its a factory xr6 turbo intercooler same as what one of the other guys on this forum has done. Have noticed abit of a difference mainly when going up hills power dosnt drop off as much as it used too main reason I put it on but was to catch the turbo if it decided to let go. I hear what you saying about the join as well but ive made the pipe sit up as high as possible to prevent it from geting damaged if it did I have a spre piece of hose and clamps in my tool box or i can just put it back to standard.

Last edited:
Mainly use the datto for sprints,hilclimb's ect but its fully rego'd and engineered so I drive it on the street abit as well has a z18 turbo making just on 160kw at the tyres at the moment :big_smile:.
Sweet:victory: I've got a Telstar I use for Motorkhana's.

Havent updated this for a while so thought I would lol. Navs been going well took it up to haqua last weekend for a bit of fun in the mud. Some good tracks up there got through most of them but then ripped my lhr flair off the tub so was over it then lol. Looking to do some more mods soon going to lift it 2inches as well as make a custom rear bar and rock sliders as well as put bash plates underneath for a bit of insurance will post progress pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 63
Been a long time since I updated my thread nav's now travelled 172,000km and still going strong. Mods wise I've got rid of the hard lid and now have a arb canopy with a space case mounted in the back for my gear im also fitting a xforce 3 inch exhaust and an auber egt guage next week so looking forward to a bit of a power improvement hopefully. I've also scored a k-mar rear bar of a hilux that im going to mod to fit and make some sliders too will get some updated pics up soon cheers.

Latest posts

Back