Wheel wobble/vibration with 33 Muddies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowy85

Reaction score
Hey lads,

Been having this issue for a while with my 33" MTZs....
Got some sort of vibration or wobble... kinda feel like one of the tyres has an egg in it or something...

I have had the wheel alignment and all the tyres balanced twice and it still exists!
I swapped one of them with the spare that i thought it may have been but obviously i was wrong as this didnt help.

Anyone experienced this?

Cheers,
Paul

When i had my first set of sunraisers they wobbled like crazy, in between i had my solid conversion done and i had to purchase new wider offset rims, so i used my same tyres, end result is no vibration from the new rims.
It wasn't the suspension too as before hand when i went from the alloys to the sunnie's thats when it started.

Arghhh soo confused!

I cant understand why id need wider offset... I was thinking that it must be either a dud tyre being not even or the rim is buckled from factory as they are new rims. Its odd that ur wobble went after u changed to Solid front axel...

I went a wider offset rim, i had to to miss the steering arms on the inside of the rim, with your setup you dont need to go wider offset, all im saying is before i had a wider offset, the first sunraisers i had, they were brand new and they vibrated like crazy.
It might be your rims, if its really driving you crazy get the rims balanced on their own without the tyres and see how much they could be out.

I went a wider offset rim, i had to to miss the steering arms on the inside of the rim, with your setup you dont need to go wider offset, all im saying is before i had a wider offset, the first sunraisers i had, they were brand new and they vibrated like crazy.
It might be your rims, if its really driving you crazy get the rims balanced on their own without the tyres and see how much they could be out.
Bad advice, the tyre is balanced to the rims as one assembly, you would be wasting money trying to balance rims, Check for run out maybe, but not balance.

Bad advice, the tyre is balanced to the rims as one assembly, you would be wasting money trying to balance rims, Check for run out maybe, but not balance.

NO NOT BAD ADVICE, im not saying to balance the rim, what i meant was to check the rim if it was out of balance. Sunraisers have a very bad reputation for being way out of balance just from factory, they are a cheap nasty rim that just gets flogged of the production line.

Your right about balancing the rim and tyre together but im just suggesting something that may be a cause to the problem as i had a bad set of sunnie's first time around.

Cheers.

Ahh got ya!!! Thanks mate... Yer im thinking there must be one rim which is badly balanced or buckled as a defect... thats all it can be. Ill swap the spare on to each corner this weekend and go for a test drive each time and see if this is the problem.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back