Whats your Aussie weekend plans?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
What are you all up to?

I have got to go into work for a couple of hours early tommorrow morning, then I am off until wednesday :victory:

I've got a social golf game sunday morning, family dropping over saturday. Not too sure on monday or tuesday yet, might head up to Neerum creek where my neighbours are camping, or maybe up to Bribie for lunch on the beach.

I have a pre-Aus Day party on Sat night to go to, maybe go for a fish on Sunday. Work Monday, Tuesday no plans yet.

Australia day, hopefully sitting on my butt.

Gotta catch up on jobs around the house, gotta install a IXL tastic that I have been meaning to find time to do.

Dave.

Fishing and drinking Saturday if I remember to get a fishing licence today, otherwise drinking. Sunday recovery then I suppose I should really try doing some work since public holidays really don't mean much to me and it's been about 8 weeks since I did anything work like.

Off to Rottnest Island (off WA coast) this arvo till next Friday arvo! Just fishing, diving for crays and drinking - BINGO!!

Tooling about in Wombat forest tomorrow with Solid + 2 others.
Mother in Laws on Sunday :suicide:
Maybe head out to Bunyip, Yarra Ranges or Thomson on Mon or Tuesday.

Drink beer at some point or for the total of the weekend.

Cooking lamb and drinking beer!
Proud to be Australian
Jan2010203Standarde-mailview.jpg

Takin the kids camping at Wirrabara Forest from sun-tues, its the youngests first campout.

Well, things didn't go quite as planned. It was pretty simple, get the youngest some camping experience in a place that we are all famliar with, take the kids bikes and explore the forrest tracks and have just a generally good time.
Didn't happen.:no:
Firstly, as I was trying to pack up all the gear on the saturday for an early sunday departure, my annoying father inlaw decides he is going to drive 200ks to pay us a visit and wouldn't leave. What was I supposed to tell him to piss off? So I didn't get the gear ready.
Sunday. He turns up again, what the?
Monday, I got all the gear packed, hooked up the camper, got the kids in the ute and we were off.:big_smile:
When we got to wirrabara I checked first to see if there were too many others at the camp grounds.
Empty, not a soul.
So I went down to the rangers office to see where everyone was and his responce was "you could camp here but because of the catstrophic fire danger tomorrow, we might have to ask you to move on at about midnight or so.":stop:
Ok, fair enough.
So not letting this deter us, we move on to Pt Germain caravan park on the other side of the ranges. My thinking was at least we can still camp out so to speak and we could catch the Oz day celebrations they hold down on the beach.
Problem solved?
Camp is set up, Im making some lunch for the kids, when the youngest (2 yrs) says that he's got a sore throught....Up comes lunch.
Poor little bugger was so excited to come camping with dad. So the missus came and picked him up and myself and my oldest (7 yrs) stayed on.
Dad my back hurts....up comes dinner.
I felt so sorry for my two boys, they were so looking forward to trip. So I left the camp still set up and came home, luckily the campers next to us offered to watch over our gear.
Upon getting home, I learned that the kids had a bout of gastro, which they must have caught from their Granpa who had it the day before visiting(That F@#$ing Pain in the F@#$ing Arse old coot did it on F@#$ing purpose I Reckon!!!):motz:

So, how was your Ozday weekend?

So, how was your Ozday weekend?

The weekend was fine. Started out on Friday arvo at Broke, was way too bloody hot, so we decided to pack in the morning and head to Telegherry in the hills north of Dungog.

Before we made the first turn on the road, we changed our minds and went to Mudgee to visit the wineries. Planted the van in Mudgee Riverside Caravan Park - powered site, 3 adults for $36 with great amenities and close to the shops, can't beat it. Had a ball, picked up some wickedly nice plonk at Elliot Rock, some reasonable stuff at Secret Garden too.

To top it off, I had to work on Aus day. Had the terrible misfortune of getting everything done in a timely fashion and only earned a week's pay in the day. Was looking forward to more, but hey them's the breaks.

Had the terrible misfortune of getting everything done in a timely fashion and only earned a week's pay in the day. Was looking forward to more, but hey them's the breaks.

You need to work smarter, I got my ute serviced yesterday for just the cost of parts then after that the company brought me lunch and then I spent 3 hours doing updates and still charged them over $500 for the privilege of my computer knowledge

Oh yeah and in case your wondering...no I don't let my conscience get in the way too often

Latest posts

Back